8 replies to this topic

#1 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

Just got this Fx Revolution last week and finally had a chance to check it out in the backyard 'range".When I got it from AOA they included a chrony showing it was shooting 16g JSBs at 920 - 940fp.I tried several different pellets and it seemed to like them all. Attached are the results at 27 yard from the muzzle. Keep in mind these are all 12 shot groups (except the first one is 9). I had a front sand bag but the back of the rifle was floating so Im sure if I put it on a real rest it would do even better.The first group I only loaded 9 in the magazine and I had two FTFs. After that will full magazines I had no issues at all.This baby is going to be fun!I just need to figure out how to put a sling on it.Attached File  revo.jpg   24.01KB   22 downloadsAttached File  Target.jpg   23.04KB   21 downloads

#2 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

I'm very jealous, a Monsoon or Revolution is high on my wish list. Looks like it is shooting pretty good too, have fun!

#3 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

congrats on the new FX. Maybe it has a preference for those 14.3 gr JSB? Seems like fewer fliers with those.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#4 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

Yeah - strange but it seems to like the lighter pellets.

#5 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

The guns don't have a predictable preference for pellets. If they did we'd all pick the right pellets the first time.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#6 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:34 AM

That's a nice rifle. Congrats.

#7 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

New toys are always fun. Hope you are really enjoying it.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#8 DagoRich

DagoRich

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Family, good friends, camping, long range shooting, shooting squeeks and prairie dogs, reloading and a good steak.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

Congrats on the new toy! Yer gonna love it. A great squirrel gitter. Enjoy. :rolleyes:

"Every Day Is My Friday"

#9 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

I love the gun. My Revolution only likes the Crosman 14.3 Hollow Point. Your right ...only the light pellets. Mine also has a hic-cup once in a while. It will blow the bolt back but will not pick up a pellet. You just shoot air and have to charge it by hand. Of course it mostly happens when you need that second shot quick.I have started to shot *trap* with my Disco. I hit four the first time out. (out of 25 birds) That is loads of fun. I removed the scope and just looked down the barrel. I keep both eyes open anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users