6 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

My Dad purchased a SR-9 Ruger Pistol in Santa Rosa, CA. early in January.Well last weekend he finally got around to shooting the pistol up at the Ukiah Gun Club.He was a little disappointed with the trigger pull.He is wondering if anyone knows of a gunsmith that works on this model of Ruger?He is an old S&W revolver guy and this is his first single action autoloader.The guys at the local gun shop say the Ruger SR-9 should be 8 lbs when it leaves the factory.I've got an 89 year old WWII Marine rubbing his chin going hummmm....is this what Bill Ruger had in mind?Got any ideas?Many thanks for your help.

#2 andy1621

andy1621

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Retired-Catching up on life (Hunting, Rv'ing, Friends, Family & an occasional BEER!)

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

I'm considering buying an SR9 myself. I've done some research on Google, but am by no means an authority on this gun. :two-cents:First, make sure the gun is clean. Rugers sometime come full of grease from the factory. After that, triggers are known to improve after a couple hundred rounds(or maybe an evening of dry-firing to break things in). After-market "drop-in" triggers from Ghost Triggers are supposed to be good.Good luck!

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

I could have told you the trigger sucked I was allowed to dry fire one at a local gun shop.If you think that is bad pull the trigger on the sigma.

#4 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

Right you are gents...my Dad took the two rotten triggered Ruggers back to the gun shop...took an immediate loss.. and then immediately bought my sister a 38/357 wheel gun... and for himself he got a Bretta 92F. Big Bob is pictured here at the Ukiah Gun Club.This 89 1/2 year old Marine still likes to shoot....look out bad guys!Attached File  1.jpg   26.6KB   14 downloads

#5 45Colt

45Colt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

Rob,I'd rub elbows with him anytime.My Dad was a WW2 Marine Island Hopper,in the Special Weapons Unit.And,yes,I'd be glad to shoot with him anytime,too.Maybe after some healing time from this mini stroke.
The old calibers and guns got the job doneKeep reloading-We may need it

#6 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, music, cooking.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

i get this feeling that behind that smile your dad could still throw down when needed to. it's funny he went with the beretta cause the trigger pull on a stock ruger feels about the same to me. a whole lot of take up with some mighty squeeze after it. i'm able to shoot both just fine though, whatever.i hope the new gun works out for him because there is nothing worse than having a gun you don't like to shoot. i always dry fire any gun i'm looking at at the gun shop, some people frown upon it, but i want to at least know if the trigger is okay before buying. try finding a shop that let's you actually shoot a gun at real targets before you buy, i could only hope.best of luck and take care!

#7 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

the ruger p95 9 has a really nice single action trigger they let me try it out the other day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users