1 reply to this topic

#1 gmoney

gmoney

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

New guns we just took on today on a rainy day. My boy shot the pc 500, he really was able to handle it well and enjoyed it very much. I am sure this gun will be going to the tree in 2011 more than a few times. The 1/2" hole is very impressive. I shot my Fa 454 (1st time), this gun is the polar opposite of the Smith, the gun is simple, crude, rude, and very abrupt, the gun itself is the fineset machining, fit and finish I have ever seen in a revolver that is not 30 plus years old. The recoil on the Fa is insanely severe, all the smooth edges feel like razors on recoil. This gun will definetely see time at the tree next year too. We were bored this everning and went out to the range on impulse for some quick action, a very nice evening.

Attached Files

#2 45Colt

45Colt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

WOW !,No one replied ?Yep, the 454 Casull F.A. can be a whole new game fer ya !.Before I bought any factory ammo,I've done my own reloads.As you've found out, the recoil is very stiff.My Field Grade does need a set of Micarta panels.Those Pachmyers don't do the FG justice with the price you pay for it.With the Premier Grade,those grips are on this fine piece of heavy recoiling machinery.Take some tools with you.Whether at the range or hunting.Do make sure those screws are tight.Check the front sight too.Hang on with two hands. I have shot full house loads with one hand.Not fun.I had a reason.You also might use some weight lifters gloves for the F.A.These will help with the recoil.They are padded and fingerless.I wish you well with the F.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users