2 replies to this topic

#1 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

Anyone here own a NH GRP or other Nighthawk 1911? I've got my eye on one but are they as nice as they look on their website? My second option is a Kimber Warrior. My only issue w/ Kimber is what I've read w/ people in regards to their customer service experience as well as their rusting issue. Oh and the front strap isn't checkered.Thanks!

#2 Chromedragon

Chromedragon

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

Hello, I own a Nighthawk GRP Recon, It was built in oct 2010 the gun is amazing from the target shooting stand point. I have owned a Springfield Armory Loaded MC Operator and the shooting of the same ammo is night and day. The NH is much easier from the recoil management stand point. The comparison was my NH shooting 230 grain FMJ felt the same recoil as a Sgi 229 shooting .40sw FMJ. this was my impression ymmv. Let me know if you have any specific Questions.Tony

#3 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Wow, necro thread, I totally forgot about this. Thanks for the reply Tony, the Recon I was looking at fell through. Not sure the guy was serious in selling or realized his price was a bit low. It needed to be refinished as I'm not a fan of zebra print guns. I chose option 3 and found a near new TRP Operator w/ half rail. Still probably not as nice as a NHC but it's gotta be the next best thing. Hard to justify the extra $1k but someday I will. As you say the recoil is very minimal w/ the heavy 230gr. and damn accurate. I might go Ed Brown or Dan Wesson for my next one tho'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users