7 replies to this topic

#1 NechesBobcat

NechesBobcat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:03 AM

i've looked at alot of the posts ya'll have made and I thought I'd let ya'll see what I catch in Texas. I caught around 3,000 to 3,500 pound of fish the year. Most all of them were large flatheads (We call them Ops which is short for Opalousa). I fish some with a rod and reel but mostly with trotlines. The biggest op I caught this year was 40#. We caught one that weighed 75# a couple of years ago. I get alot of hooks straightened also. Also some pics of my boats.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:17 AM

Now those are some nice looking fish. Lots of good eating there. And that is a good looking boat. Both of them. But I do belive the white one may be a bit more comfy than the metal one. :D
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:40 AM

Very nice fish. That's fun stuff! :D

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,735 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:29 PM

Did you grab them or hook them? cool. :D
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 NechesBobcat

NechesBobcat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:33 PM

Hook... It's illegal to grab them in Texas. God forbid someone should use there hands to catch a fish instead of a hook that could hurt the fish or other people.

#6 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:53 PM

There's not enough trees on that lake to be Toledo Bend.... Where are you catching them? Somewhere I have pictures of me with a 24#er, and my grandfather with a 68#er (both Ops). One of my favorite things used to be sitting down on our boathouse with the crappie lights on and watching the big gar come swimming by (or the occasional nutria, but we'd shoot them). Nothin's better than a mess of crappie and okra fried up with hush puppies, followed by some Blue Bell ice cream! :D
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#7 NechesBobcat

NechesBobcat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:15 AM

That's the Neches River. I have a houseboat on the river about 30 minutes north of the HWY 96 bridge. Not that many of ya'll would know where that is.AMEN TO BLUE BELL ICE CREAM!!!!

#8 Tundra

Tundra

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Hunting<br />Computers<br />Sports<br />Banjo pickin

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:12 AM

I sure do miss catfishing on the Mississippi but the salmon up here aren't bad either. Nice catches!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users