4 replies to this topic

#1 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:16 AM

The brown truck just left my house, My new RRA 20" predator pursuit upper is mated to my C3 defense lower, and has taken up residence in my safe. this upper is amazing so far. it's heavier than the standard M16 I humped back in the day because it has a national match barrel. The catch is its not truck axle heavy. In the future I do plan on a ultra long range 24" truck axle for static shooting. but for calling coyotes this thing is perfect. I'm going to put a old school leather shooting sling on it for those times when the terrain forces me out of my preferred shooting position. I ordered it Sunday night. They processed the order on Monday. the UPS man delivered it on Tuesday. I got lucky and found a stocking retailer here in California that had one ready to ship so I got to skip the long waits I have heard others have had to endure. All is right with my world. I wonder if the coyote union will protest the unfair working conditions if I start slinging 77 grain bullets at them. You gotta love an 8 twist barrel.

#2 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

Sounds awesome. I'm trying to talk myself into ordering the 16" model. Why did you choose the 20?

#3 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

Truth be told as far as coyote hunting goes, 16" vs 20" is personal preference. On paper there are some differences with muzzle velocity and all that jazz but when you press the trigger they both make a coyote's blood pressure immediately drop to zero.

#4 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

Glad you got your upper, I'm still one of the lucky ones waiting on mine from RRA.

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:50 AM

Get some excellent Hawke glass on those ARs and you'll really start having some fun. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users