• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

I'm looking for a scope to mount on my Serbu .50 DTC. My Price range is $2000.00 or less. I've been searching the net for a while now and kind of narrowed it down to either a Leupold or a Night Force, but I'm open for suggestions???? Here are my criteria:1. Objective of 50mm or greater2. Mangnification in the 8 - 20+ power range.3. 30 mm or greater diameter tube.4. Side focusing5. At least 60 MOA elevation adjustment 6. 1st focal plane reticle7. Mil Dot or tactical type reticle.8. Able to stand up to the recoil of a .50 cal. 9. Obviously I'd like to get the best glass I can within my price range.If any of you have experience with scoped .50 cals. I'd like to hear your imput. Thanks,Mc

#2 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

Night Force if you have the money to spend. Hands down it is a better and tougher scope. I have both and both are real good, but I would put money on the Night Force lasting longer and tracking better.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#3 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

The nightforce has the edge. I have two 50bmg's and they both now wear Nightforce NXS 5.5X22X56 NP-R2 scope and I am good from close to over 1400 yards. I have been told the NP-R1 is also popular now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users