6 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

Check this head shot out....220 yards...windy day...22-250....with a 40 gr. Nosler ballistic tip.The new scope is a HAWKE II. Thanks Red!Oh yea....ripped his head clean off. I was extremely happy with the first day results...the varmint was not. Expect complaint calls from the Varmint Rights Organization (The VRO).Attached File  1.jpg   39.03KB   17 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   24.99KB   16 downloads

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

He lost his head over that new scope. What muzzle velocity do you have with the 40 gr Noslers?

I'm an airgunholic

#3 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:29 PM

22-250 Remington BrassCCI Large Rifle Primers40 Gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip Bullet38 GR H380 3647 ft/secTotally a standard load...That's why they named H380 I think. As I understand it the powder mixture was made especially for the 22-250.

#4 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:31 AM

VERY nice! Were you able to see the impact?

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

Nice shooting Rob!! :smiley-funny-post-sign: I'm glad you like the new Hawke Varmint II scope. I really like mine. You should have no trouble slamming a coyote at long range if you can take the face off a squirrel at over 200-yards.I am just about to mount one of the new Hawke Digital Nite-Eye 6-24 X 50 SF scopes with an SR12 reticle on my heavy barrel Howa 204. I'll be removing a like new "Burris". If anybody is interested in the Burris, PM me. I am switching all of my glass to Hawke. With the new Nite-Eye and the Hawke ballistic calculator program for the SR12 reticle, I'll be jamming those long range prairie dogs with the first shot. ;)
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#6 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

VERY nice! Were you able to see the impact?

HOG...this one was shot through some fallen oak branches. All I saw was the tail going around in circles. I took a chance based upon a shot or two that I read about that you did...shooting through a cyclone fence. Didn't someone indicate that it is damn near impossible to aim an hit the wires of a fence. The varmint was in a chase with another digger when I interrupted the springtime dance.Several others, that were in the clear did the "double back flip". Super pictures of that dance were expertly posted on another posting just yesterday talking about lead-free Nosler bullets.

#7 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:00 PM

Only one? Where's the rest Rob :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users