• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:43 AM

I hadn't taken a look at the Crosman site for a while and was surprised/ excited to see this.....Attached File  Crosman_Rogue_air_rifle_PY_2399_zm.jpg   5.23KB   19 downloads.357 Benjamin® Rogue.357 CALIBER, MULTI-SHOT, COMPRESSED AIR, ULTRA-QUIET, HUNTING RIFLEWhile big bore pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) airguns have been around since before Lewis and Clark, electro pre-charged pneumatic (ePCP) technology is NEW, patent pending, and exclusive to Benjamin®! The various ePCP components perform collectively to provide a new category of hunting air rifle boasting might and versatility.Rogue’s patent pending electronic valve (eVALVE™) technology provides precise regulation of pressure in the air reservoir and provides more shots per fill, through the efficient control of pressure.More shots = more hunting.If you’re used to hunting with rimfire and small to medium bore centerfire, you’ll be surprised by the accuracy and stealth of this air rifle. Rogue’s shrouded barrel makes it quieter than any firearm you might choose, and with virtually no recoil, its accuracy is amazing.Model Number BPE3571 Power Source PCP Caliber .357 Velocity Up to 700 - 1000 Weight (oz) 9.8 lbs. Length (in) 48 in. Barrel Material Rifled

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

Yep - Coyote powered gun. Due in October.

I'm an airgunholic

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,485 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:28 AM

I just hope people don't get these and start shooting them in their yards. This could be the end of air powered guns or at least the freedoms we enjoy with them.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

My thoughts exactly. You have to be pretty darn careful with any of these PCPs but when you climb above even 50 fpe your getting into some serious energy. At 200 fpe it is just as deadly as basically a 38 spl but with more range.

I'm an airgunholic

#5 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

The Rouge is going to be a serious investment. We don't know the price yet but I'm sure it will be near a grand. Then hundreds more for a tank and fill yoke. I doubt that anyone serious enough to spend the kind of money on an airgun would be dumb enough to shoot in their suburban backyard. That having been said, there is one in every crowd. I think the fears of the Rouge causing UK style air gun regulation in the USA are a little silly. We have had mas produced big bores for many years. The Rouge offers new technology and a unique look but is no more powerful than many of the Korean big bores, let alone a DAQ or Haley custom.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,485 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

I hope you are correct. But with legislators constantly looking for ways to make getting guns more difficult. Making these sorts of big bore airguns more recognizable through the use of advertising you never know for sure. As for silly I don't think. When people who make laws governing guns know nothing about guns, all it takes is for them to see these advertised. Lets just say I don't have my head buried in the sand. Many of my airguns costs upwards of a grand and you don't need air tanks to fill them. I see great numbers of silly people shooting every sort of animal from their yards and posting them on many forums.

Time waits for no one--

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

I hope your right but I can hear my rich neighbor's kid telling his mother it's only a Crosman pellet gun. Money is no object (his dad is an executive for one of the big casualty insurers) - he drives a Charger at 17. He is dangerous with the Sheridan Streak but the parents never stopped him until a neighbor threatened him. Luckily he is about 1/4 mile from me.

I'm an airgunholic

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,485 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

According to professional hunter Jim Shockey, "The .357 caliber Benjamin® Rogue™ air rifle offers more knock-down power than any .22 cal rimfire." The Rogue .357 is a multi-shot repeater equipped with an innovative, micro-processor controlled valve that extends the firing distance and provides "accuracy and lethality out to 100 yards," says Shockey.

With a barrel shroud to make it quiet. Can you say bye bye to a non FFL gun transfers? This isn't silly thinking.Oh and the price of less advertised big bore airguns.Quackenbush's webpage says right on top "Starting at $595"http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/Video of the gun shooting at the SHOT Show.http://www.outdoorli...-benjamin-rogueNot sure I want to hunt hogs with it as they stated because it wouldn't even be legal in California. But at 250 foot pounds energy fox, bobcat and even coyotes would be possible.

Time waits for no one--

#9 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

Maybe silly was the wrong word to use, especially living in California where any form of ridiculous regulation is possible. I have seen some serious black helicopter conspiracy talk on some of the other forums, and that was what I was thinking of when I said silly. I defiantly share your concern as a gun and airgun owner. I just don't think it's a realistic scenario on the national level right now, not with all of the other economic problems we are having. I hear you on the kid with the Benji pumper, hell I was one of those kids many years ago. I think the fact that it is a pcp and requires so much extra equipment will keep it out of the hands of most kids. I know my dad would have looked at the price of the gun and tanks a just bought me a .410 shotgun instead for a 1/3 the investment. I'm just going to hope for the best and wait and see how it actually performs once it's out.

#10 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

All I know is I want one! Although it's a bit on the heavy side.

#11 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Me too! I have no real practical application for it, maybe turkey hunting, but it is just plain cool. It's like having a .50 in the firearm world, no one really has a need for one, but everyone wants one. I think I will wait for it to be out for a while before I get one though, let them work any bugs out first.

#12 Bobby B

Bobby B

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:44 AM

Wow that's impressive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users