• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

I have purchased many firearms related products from a variety of different manufacturers in my life but some are at the top of the heap when it comes to exceptional customer service. If you ever contemplate purchasing a progressive reloading machine, I highly endorse Dillon Precision. About 16 years ago, I purchased a Dillon 550B reloading machine. I was shooting competition with a 45 auto and I needed to load hundreds and hundreds of rounds quickly. That 550B could load 500-rounds inside an hour easily.In the time I have owned that machine I have loaded tens of thousands of accurate pistol and rifle rounds and the machine has performed flawlessly. On one occasion, I tightened a fastener way too hard and stripped out the section of the machine. I called Dillon to purchase the part, explaining that it was my fault and they sent me all of the replacement parts at no charge, Priority mail. Monday I e-mailed Dillon and said my primer bar was sticking now and again. I wanted to purchase replacement parts so it would operate smoothly again. Do you know what Dillon said? The return e-mail from Dillon said that new replacement primer bars (small primer and large primer) are in the mail to you, no charge. Can you believe that? These guys take customer service seriously and that is so very important to all of us.So, if you are contemplating the purchase of a progressive reloading machine, you just can't beat Dillon for quality, reliability and customer service. It might cost you a little more but the benefits last for years to come. We don't sell reloading products at RedHunterLLC but if we end up doing so, you can bet the only line we will sell will be Dillon Precision.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#2 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

The older I get the more I appreciate quality and customer service. Thanks Red.

#3 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Yes Dillon is great. I have also had the same service from RCBS and Hornady, even on parts and complete dies that I even told them I got used. I have found many gun related companies to provide great service. Much better than other areas of interest I have had.

#4 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

wow,
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#5 gmoney

gmoney

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

Dillon is the best cant beat blue for reloaders or new farm equipment .....lol

#6 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

I do not own one but I do know " you get what you pay for " and with them its the continous great service that you get "down the road . I often see people say that they want Dillon but " too much money " . Just never needed that much ammo , that fast . Andy

#7 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:38 AM

Dillon also has the hottest chicks in their catalogs.
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#8 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:45 AM

:mellow: They're probably the same chicks that are on his music albums. OH, Wait... Is that another Dillon??

#9 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

Another amazing company is Marlin. I once bought my wife a heavily used Model 60 22LR because it had a really cool stock with engraved squirrels on it. I was concerned about the age and the action so I removed the stock (so I could refinish it) and sent the action to Marlin. Two weeks later I received a package in the mail from Marlin. The action was reworked and it was in a brand new stock. No charge.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#10 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

From what I'm hearing, since Remington them, Marlin is the pits. I have no personal experience.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#11 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:55 PM

I think the whole shooting and hunting industries as a whole offered the best warranty on their products. I still have to be disappointed. Here's a few experienced I had with a few that I can recall.Weaver - I lost one of the turret cover on my V16 scope and Weaver sent me a two new one. I only needed one. N/CIOR Valdada - Twice, my 338 Lapua ripped two IOR scope apart and twice, IOR sent me a replacement scope. N/CColt Manufacturing - I bought a use Python which is probably a couple of years old. After several hundred rounds through it, The revolver started spitting jacket in between the forcing cone and the cylinder. I sent it to Colt and the revolver was repaired. N/CSimmons Scope - My friend borrowed my cheapo Simmon Pro-Hunter scope and I noticed the objective lens was cracked after he returned the scope. I sent it to Simmons and they replaced the lens. N/CRuger - After a few thousand rounds of shooting, My P-89 started having problem with round jammed constantly. I called Ruger and asked for a replacement recoil spring. Ruger sent one to me in the mail. N/C Lyman - Left my DPS 1200 on overnight and the it stop working. (won't calibrate) I sent it to Lyman and two weeks later I got it back. N/CLeupold - I sent my friends Leupold Vari-X III 6.5X20 scope back to Leupold for repair. My friend dropped the rifle and bent the tube. Leupold repair it free of charge.Swarovski - My friend Laser guide RF stop ranging. The LRF is about 10 years old. Swaro sent it back to Austria for repair. They sent a loaner LRF to my buddy. 6 weeks later the LRF was back good as new. N/C
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#12 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

It's almost like that they , MFG's of all sorts , know that people are dropping out of the sport / industry and they are doing what is needed to keep the customers . Were as most / general retailers do not give 2 F**KS if you ever come back or use their products anymore . They figure someone else will replace you & your $'s .I try to give my buisness to the " littler " gunshops as oppossed to going to a " big box " gun shop . But some times the " customer care " ( and I do watch how they treat / talk / help others ) can make me never go back . And I hate that as when I lived in a small town there was 3 shops . I preffered 1 due to how they handled other people besides myself . Then they put a bad taste in mouth over something " stupid " 9 my words ) , so I never went back . But being a small town I saw the owner around town & was asked about the " issue " that they orig did not want deal with but now wanted to deal with it . But at that point I did not care to deal with then anymore but maybe thats just me . Andy Just wondering Desertfox , was that the old Colt co ? I did the same with a Leopold & returned , fixed , no charge .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users