2 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

Okay, i don't have any pictures but we all know what a base ball cap is. I made a brass catcher like last year but i didn't like it because i had to tie the shoe lace a certain way. Well yesterday i went out looking for some peeps. After i lost my first case(again) i fastened my hat around the scope and it worked. I didn't catch it so to speak, but the hat is domed shape so the shell extracted like normal then dropped straight down to my side. What else do we expect. I didn't loose any more shells, now as far as the peeps go??? :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

I have tried several different brass catchers on my ARs. They are always in the way and a pain to use with different scopes, mounts, etc. Lately, when I go to the range, I simply use a cardboard Trader Joe's wine box next to my rifle and it works just fine. Although, after drinking all of the wine so I can use the empty box, I have noticed that my groups have suffered.

#3 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:21 AM

lol, well the base ball cap works great in my opinion, especially while hunting. I have the type that you just snap the straps in the back to adjust to your head size. I hate loosing brass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users