2 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

Okay, i don't have any pictures but we all know what a base ball cap is. I made a brass catcher like last year but i didn't like it because i had to tie the shoe lace a certain way. Well yesterday i went out looking for some peeps. After i lost my first case(again) i fastened my hat around the scope and it worked. I didn't catch it so to speak, but the hat is domed shape so the shell extracted like normal then dropped straight down to my side. What else do we expect. I didn't loose any more shells, now as far as the peeps go??? :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

I have tried several different brass catchers on my ARs. They are always in the way and a pain to use with different scopes, mounts, etc. Lately, when I go to the range, I simply use a cardboard Trader Joe's wine box next to my rifle and it works just fine. Although, after drinking all of the wine so I can use the empty box, I have noticed that my groups have suffered.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#3 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:21 AM

lol, well the base ball cap works great in my opinion, especially while hunting. I have the type that you just snap the straps in the back to adjust to your head size. I hate loosing brass.
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users