#1 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Airguns, Inventing and Fishing

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

Well I've been waiting to talk a little about my new air gun. I have bounced around all the different air rifles and decided on this one. I went to the range and sighted it in and the fun began. I have a Kirk moderator and a Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x50. After sighting it in I could cut a very small ragged hole at 35 yards then at 50 yards still shooting out the bullseye with most holes touching. Then to 75 shooting a 3 inch metal triangle hitting it everytime. Then out to 150 yards shooting a bucket. The first shoot just to the left (10 mile plus wind) and a little high as my first shoot I was guessing on just how much to adjust for elevation. The second and third shoots both on target. At that point anything with that distance was mine! hehehe I'm using the Daibolo Baracuda pellets. With a fill to 250 bar I recorded fps on three 10 round clips with that fill and here it is.First Mag Second Mag Third Mag 1. 971.8 11. 1015 21. 1011.32. 980.5 12. 1014 22. 10133. 989.8 13. 1009.2 23. 10144. 997.0 14. 1014 24. 10115. 1000 15. 1014 25. 10086. 1000 16. error 26. 10087. 1009 17. 1029 27. 10068. 1012 18. 1019 28. 999.59. 1016 19. 1016.5 29. 999.410. 1010 20. 1014 30. 989.2Even after 30 shots it is retaining full power. I swear you can shoot flies at 50 yards.The trigger is oustanding. Never had one better. The airgun is solid or heavy depending on how you look at it. I can't wait to go hunting. This airgun will shoot as good as the shooter. My buddy went with me. He was my spotter. He would say things like I don't see where it hit....I'd say look at the first hole really close and then a laugh would follow shaking his head in disbelief. On the way home he was asking all kinds of questions including the one he shouldn't ask. How much? He lips hit the ground and then after he said "ya know, that gun is really sweet and I'm going to look into it". It's always fun to go to the range's as people are always blowin away with what they are watching.Do I like this gun would be an understatement!
If you kill it eat it!

#2 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

Wow, that's a real air cannon. I wish my .25Mrod had half that shot count, should be a real good hunting rifle.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

That's impressive alright. That many shots is hard to beat in a .25cal. :good:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

Yeah I'm impressed with this airgun and I'm picky! I'll post up some accuracy tests with picture's as soon as the wind quits blowing so hard. I smiled all the way home and all night after shooting it.
If you kill it eat it!

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

You got the best of the best. I heard they like those 43.2 gr EunJins for accuracy not to mention the 83 fpe @933 fps.An interesting chart of testing with the . 25 DS AR.http://www.topairgun.../DS-AirRanger25

I'm an airgunholic

#6 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

That is one powerful air rifle. Can't wait to see the hunting results. How much noise does in make?
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#7 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

Took the Daystate out again but it was really windy. I figure what the heck. Real world right. Here is a 10 shot group at 50 but the wind was changing speeds but seemed to be lifting the pellet as well. The wind is a funny thing but I still like what I seen. The gun is really a hunting gun.Attached File  50_yard_target___10_rounds___heavy_gusty_wind___real_world_test.jpg   26.45KB   25 downloadsThis is a 20 yard inside the house when I got out of the wind. 2 - sets of 5 shots at 20 yards. The inside of the house is 65 feet and I have a straight shot down the hall but need the 5 feet to setup on a bench. These shots are off a sandbag only.Attached File  20_yard_target_in_the_house_with_two_5_shot_groups_off_a_sandbag.jpg   31.5KB   20 downloadsHere's 3 large bullet casings's I pressed into the clay and wanted to try and shoot through the primer. One shoot each.Attached File  heavy_casings_that_I_stuck_through_the_putty_and_tried_to_shoot_out_the_primer___one_shot_each.jpg   28.69KB   18 downloadsAttached File  front_end_of_casing_I_shot_the_primer_out_of_with_lead_still_inside.jpg   24.79KB   13 downloadsThe gun is fricking amazing! Oh, about the noise. I shoot it down the house and the chihuahua's don't shake. LOL I guess it takes about 75 precent of the noise away. Maybe more. Mine won't come off. It's a sleeper. Bone

Attached Files

If you kill it eat it!

#8 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

The inside of the house is 65 feet and I have a straight shot down the hall but need the 5 feet to setup on a bench.

I wouldn't want to straggle out of a bedroom into that hallway :lol: very nice shooter you have there :)

#9 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:37 PM

Yeah that could hurt. Actually the wife goes to the other room with the animals until I'm done. :)
If you kill it eat it!

#10 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

Can you post a closeup picture of the gun and moderator?Thanks

I'm an airgunholic

#11 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

I can only upload 150k total pictures per post so I have to make them small. Is there a certain area you would like to see? Here's a couple pictures. Air Ranger, Kirk Moderator and a brakeAttached File  .25_cal_air_ranger_with_brake.jpg   45.59KB   46 downloadsAttached File  kirk_moderator.jpg   36.96KB   20 downloadsAttached File  peak_tactical_.25_cal_brake.jpg   33.91KB   21 downloads
If you kill it eat it!

#12 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

Thats perfect. Thank you!

I'm an airgunholic

#13 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

Bone, if you use photobucket, you can post larger pictures. Just size your pictures to 800x600, load them to photobucket and then click the IMG box and paste it here. Easy and great pictures that way. And you can post a number of pictures in your post with no problem.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#14 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for the info about the photo bucket.
If you kill it eat it!

#15 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

Someday.

#16 DagoRich

DagoRich

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Family, good friends, camping, long range shooting, shooting squeeks and prairie dogs, reloading and a good steak.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

Nice gun and looks to be a great shooter, congrats.

"Every Day Is My Friday"

#17 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

You got the best of the best. I heard they like those 43.2 gr EunJins for accuracy not to mention the 83 fpe @933 fps.An interesting chart of testing with the . 25 DS AR.http://www.topairgun.../DS-AirRanger25

I haven't tried the 43.2 grain Eunjins. I have been shooting the JSB 31 grain. I notice that they are piercing the 2 x 8 as well. I shot in 4 different places on the board and 1 went through all the way and 1 was splitting out the back and two went about 80 percent through. I bet the extra 12 grains of lead will send it through the board everytime. I don't think the 43.2 grain Eunjins will fit the magazine. I'd like to try a tin shooting them one at a time with the single tray.Thanks for that link.Bone
If you kill it eat it!

#18 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

Bone,Are you still liking your Air Ranger 80. I am getting ready to order something in a bit and the Air Ranger .22 or .25 is on the short list. Have you shot it much at 100 yards? Your shot count is a bit better than I expected. Can you adjust the power? Down? How long was your wait after ordering?Thanks,Brant

I'm an airgunholic

#19 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

That's a beautiful gun Bone! Ah, if only I had the resources to obtain one of those...

#20 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Bone,Are you still liking your Air Ranger 80. I am getting ready to order something in a bit and the Air Ranger .22 or .25 is on the short list. Have you shot it much at 100 yards? Your shot count is a bit better than I expected. Can you adjust the power? Down? How long was your wait after ordering?Thanks,Brant

I really like it! It's an amazing airgun! The only downside to these bigger airguns are that they are heavy. For long walks I'd rather take my tuned sam yang 45. It will take all the game I want. But for short walks or tripod shooting for groundhogs and such the .25 ranger is deadly. I get great penetration as well with it. I shot a couple baseballs with it and then with my fx wisper in .22 and what a differance. The .25 Ranger would make it to the outside core of the little red ball that's in the middle actually touching it and the .22 whisper just got under the outside shell. The Daystate Ranger went like a full inch deeper and I've killed stuff with that fx whisper and it's no slouch. The penetration would of been better if I locked the balls down but I just shot them on the ground out in front of me so the baseball bounced off absorbing some of that impact. Yes, I still love it!
If you kill it eat it!

#21 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

That's a beautiful gun Bone! Ah, if only I had the resources to obtain one of those...

Took me 57 years. LOL Thanks much.
If you kill it eat it!

#22 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

Thanks! I will probably end up with the standard .25 Air Ranger and have it set to 60 fpe which is enough for my use. I will shoot it mainly off of my covered deck bench rest. They go on sale for $1695 at AOA or POA pretty frequently. I also want to get an Edgun R3 .25 but there is quite a wait on those so I may just need to order both. It took me 54 years and the sale of my little airplane. I bought the Airgun Blue Book and these high end airguns hold their value very well over time.

I really like it! It's an amazing airgun! The only downside to these bigger airguns are that they are heavy. For long walks I'd rather take my tuned sam yang 45. It will take all the game I want. But for short walks or tripod shooting for groundhogs and such the .25 ranger is deadly. I get great penetration as well with it. I shot a couple baseballs with it and then with my fx wisper in .22 and what a differance. The .25 Ranger would make it to the outside core of the little red ball that's in the middle actually touching it and the .22 whisper just got under the outside shell. The Daystate Ranger went like a full inch deeper and I've killed stuff with that fx whisper and it's no slouch. The penetration would of been better if I locked the balls down but I just shot them on the ground out in front of me so the baseball bounced off absorbing some of that impact. Yes, I still love it!

I'm an airgunholic

#23 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

Yeah I seen that as well. One of the reasons I went ahead and did it is because of the reason of resell just in case I didn't like it or just needed the money. You will like the 60 fpe and you can always up it more later if you want.
If you kill it eat it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users