14 replies to this topic

#1 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

I am in the market for a new PCP in .22. I have asked about a few and the AA S410 .22 keeps coming back up.Guns that I have looked at are the, Rapid, Air Ranger, FX Royale, FX Whisper, AA S410, kinda like the BSA R10 but have read not so convincing reviews of it.I already own a Career 707 .22. Want something different.

#2 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:36 AM

You can't go wrong with AA....I just sold one off a couple weeks back. A beauty and a real shooter. I must have been nuts :signs121fj: :lol: They went to the newer model so you might find a good bargain, especially if you find the older bolt gun. Have fun.

#3 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

I am new to to the PCP world and do not know very much at all about the other rifles you mentioned. I have handled and shot my friends AA 410. I have had a Beeman R-1 for years. The first time I shot the AA 410 I knew I had to have one. I saved and procrastinated over it until I could not take it any more and ordered one from Straight Shooters with hill hand pump, rings and Hawke Sidwinder 30 scope. They told me they could no longer get the 410 and I ended up getting a AA 510 Extra Walnut which is the same rifle with an ambidextrous stock. Both the 410 and 510 are really nice air rifles and have been the most accurate air rifles I personally have ever shot. No buyers remorse for me on this one. I am saving now to get a air tank to fill it with. I like shooting it not pumping it up is what I have learned in the short time that I have owned mine. I also think that anyone would be happy with the fit , finish and quality of these rifles. Good luck with your purchase what ever you decide.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:01 AM

I've had an AA 410 now for a couple of years and have had no problems with it what so ever. It shoots more accurately than most people can and it is a very nicely put together air rifle. I know several people that have them and I really haven't heard anyone say anything bad about them at all. It's a joy to shoot and I have used it on all sorts of small game especially squirrels. But my longest measured shot was a pigeon taken at 104 yards and it dropped dead. There are lots of different air rifles but this one has it all.Posted Image

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

SJ, that is a purty rifle!

#6 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

Couldn't go wrong with a Marauder.

#7 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

Couldn't go wrong with a Marauder.

+ 1 on the Mrod. My .25 Marauder is incredibly accurate, made in USA and 1/2 the price of an Air Arms. Only real drawback is the low shot count of the .25, and the ugly heavy stock.

#8 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

At first i had the erb strong and deadly accurate but it was a little too big for me traded it for a carbine and love every minute of every shoot or hunt . Mine shoots jsb's and kodiaks lights out to 50 + yards . I get 30 full power shots shooting down from 170 bar to 100 bar it takes 35 to 40 strokes of my hill pump to get it back up to the sweet spot thats how i store it . I have nothing but good words for the side lever it's smooth and flawless everyshot and it's a dam good looking gun . It's taken many rats and crows and a host of bandits . Worth every penny my carbine with crows #10 and 11 of the season Posted Image and my erb before the trade Posted Image it took five shots from 25yards to sight it in and never lost it's zero same with my carbine this amazes me. I would say the 510 will serve you well ,chris

#9 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

Shooter John are you a left handed shooter?
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

Bennie, I prefer left handed but I can shoot either way I'm ambidextrous. I own more right handed than left handed guns. But as I've gotten older I've started buying more left hand shooters.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#11 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

PM sent.

#12 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

Shooter John are you a left handed shooter?

Good catch Bennie :1087:

#13 TAP

TAP

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Airguns, metal detectors, amateur radio and woodworking.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

I own the AA S410H classic bolt and S410ERB SL both in .22 and they are extremely accurate and beautifully designed.The AA's are part of my 5 PCP gun collection which includes a BSA MK3 S10 .22, Scorpion T10 .177 and a Sportsman HV (DynaMax) .177 .The BSA S10 .22 performs as well as the AA's but doesn't have the same balance.Posted Image

Attached Files

• Attached File  410s.jpg   28.83KB   5 downloads

#14 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

I have an Mrod and an AA S410 Extra FAC in .22 and the Mrod is no way near the fit, finish, quality, power or accuracy of my 410

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#15 Bobby B

Bobby B

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

At first i had the erb strong and deadly accurate but it was a little too big for me traded it for a carbine and love every minute of every shoot or hunt . Mine shoots jsb's and kodiaks lights out to 50 + yards . I get 30 full power shots shooting down from 170 bar to 100 bar it takes 35 to 40 strokes of my hill pump to get it back up to the sweet spot thats how i store it . I have nothing but good words for the side lever it's smooth and flawless everyshot and it's a dam good looking gun . It's taken many rats and crows and a host of bandits . Worth every penny my carbine with crows #10 and 11 of the season Posted Image and my erb before the trade Posted Image it took five shots from 25yards to sight it in and never lost it's zero same with my carbine this amazes me. I would say the 510 will serve you well ,chris

What is the exact model of that carbine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users