11 replies to this topic

#1 gunnut

gunnut

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

Ok all where is the best deal on walnut shell media.Living here in california with walnuts growing everywhere we should be able to score some shell on the cheap.Who has the deal? :roflmao3[1]:

#2 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

How much are you looking for BB?
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#3 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

I get mine from the pet store. its sold as reptile bedding. its about half price what I paid from a reloading supply. I got a 10 lb bag for just over $5. DR

#4 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

$20 should get you a dog food sized bag from most any feed store. Best money I've spent in a long time. Make sure you get the fine crushed though. I bought some course crushed corn cob by mistake and it gets into a .30 cal hole alright, just doesn't like to come out.

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

How often do you change your media?
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 gunnut

gunnut

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

How much are you looking for BB?

40 or 50 pounds .I run 3 tumblers

#7 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

http://www.ecoshell.com/I purchased 50 pound bag they shipped UPS 28.41 was the total in 2008Nice people to deal with :smiley_green_with_envy:

#8 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:10 AM

Ever since I went Ultrasonic I haven't been using media, but the pet supply and feed store are great tips - I always thought that us reloaders were paying too much for a small jug of the stuff.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#9 gunnut

gunnut

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

I knew you guys would dial me in ,,,Thanks

#10 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

I bought that ground walnut shells from pet mart and it works great much cheaper than ordering from cabelas.

#11 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

http://www.ecoshell.com/I purchased 50 pound bag they shipped UPS 28.41 was the total in 2008Nice people to deal with ;)

Nice folks...Here is what Helen said this afternoon.They offer many different sizes so I asked them what was the best size for polishing brass...Hi Rob,12/20 is the most common size. Our smallest package is a 50lb bag! However, if you go to your local PetCo, PetSmart or even Walmart you will find our product packaged for bird cage litter. The brand is Kaytee, and it is found in the bird section of the pet store. I believe 8lbs would be the smallest package. You are welcome to buy a 50lb bag here if you are looking for a larger quanity.If you have any further questions, please let us know.Sincerely,Helen CantrellDirector of Sales and MarketingHelen Cantrell [helen@ecoshell.com]PS. The factory is just off the I-5 Near Chico if you want to buy direct in 50 lbs. bags

#12 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

I box a big box from harbor freight i think it was $18
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users