Photo

I saw this on another forum & thought I would post it here.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Trail CamSome people think there are 9 cats in the picture but its debatable.Lee

#2 Mick17

Mick17

Varmint Hunter

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:I love shooting all types of guns and hunting. I shoot and reload for my shotgun, my .45, and my .223. I love deer hunting ,but there aren't very many deer these days. I really enjoy Coyote hunting. It's very exciting calling in a wild animal. I also try to practice with my .45's as much as I can. I am a member of the NRA and the CRPA.

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

Lee, Does that bring back a recent Flash-back? I don't think kicking rocks would take care of them!
"Life's tough-It's even tougher if your stupid"--John Wayne

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

Amazing... sure seeing more and more pics like this. But not this many big cats in one spot however. Believe 5 was the most I saw in another pic and 4 together in another one. Unreal!Thanks for sharing

#4 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

The last lines of the article:The only photo as interesting as the image of eight cats occurred when he went back after Christmas to check his camera again."The first picture is of me leaving the camera after setting it up two weeks previous," he said. "The next image is of a cougar coming down the same trail in my tracks just minutes after I'd left." :roflmao3[1]:
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#5 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:13 AM

Yeah Mick,I've had the big kitty on my mind a bit lately. I know I'll be watching my back trail from now on.I agree Frank, there does seem to be quite a few sightings lately. Sure wish we could hunt them again, I've heard Cougar meat is better than most game animals.Plus a nice tanned Lion hide would look nice in my double wide.Lee

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

Plus a nice tanned Lion hide would look nice in my double wide.

Not in California it wouldn't.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

KILL JOY....

#8 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

Looks like 9 to me too... Amazing pic really :roflmao3[1]:
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#9 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

Not in California it wouldn't.

You got something against Double Wide's?? :roflmao3[1]: Lee

#10 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

I think its a fake . There no interaction between them. And only one picture of them.?
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#11 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

I posted a different Article that has the same picture in it. I did not see this one first. The article I posted has some more pictures. One of the cats is warning one of the other cats in it to stay away or something!!! ( Any way there is some action in one of the pictures that reminds me of what you might see if you get a bunch of COUGAR"S together. LOL) Here is another picture of them. Sorry BPS I would not have made another post if I would have paid attention to this one first.Posted Image
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#12 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

No Problem Bennie, your link showed more pictures than mine did, which is whats important.Trust me my Ego's not so Big that I'll get offended over something on the internet.Take care, Lee

#13 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

I seen this on another forum also and have asked a guy that lives there, what he thinks is keeping all those cats together in that area. I am curious what they are eating??? That many cats could eat a horse a day. Or a couple of deer!
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#14 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

In one of the articles or in the news video, I believe they mentioned there was a large deer herd in the canyon below, where the Trail Cam was set up.I agree 8 or 9 cats in one area could wipe out a herd of deer quickly. There must be a lot of prey in that area or else they would be scattered to the 4 winds in search of a meal.I hope they get tagged soon, or else deer season there will be pretty dismal next year.Lee

#15 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:57 AM

Ok it might be real. Two sisters and thier almost grown cubs?
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#16 shooter_JRC_

shooter_JRC_

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:the great outdoors

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

I think i'd make sure and take my wife with a frying pan if i was that guy !

#17 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

I've seen three different photos from that trail cam and I'm STILL a little suspicious of it.It wouldn't be difficult to photoshop multiple lions into the same shot, making one family group look much larger.Second 'red flag' is the owner of the trail cam only wanted to be known by his first name. Why? (Remember the clowns who claimed to have shot the two-headed "push-me pull-me" deer? First names only in their story, too.)Third 'red flag'... the "Bushnell" logo and date/time stamp look doctored. Bushnell uses it's logo with upper and lower case letters but the photos show all upper case in a different font style. Some Bushnell trail cams (like the one Dabob uses) show moon phase and temperature. That's missing on these photos but maybe the lions were photographed with a budget model. The time is cropped and simply says "16:" in the photos I've seen. Sunset on that day, in that area was about 16:14 hours and full dark would have been about 30 minutes later ("End Civil Twilight"). Anybody have a Bushnell trail cam that shows the data like in these lion photos? I WANT to believe the pictures are genuine but the more I think about them the more I find myself doubting. :hellohello9il:...maybe.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#18 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:06 PM

Here is the third picture. There is another article in The Seattle Times. It says this in the article is all I can say about these. I beleive they are real, but I could be fooled. Any ways this is what it says.( Brad Thomas captured the images a few days before Christmas on a trail camera, triggered by a motion sensor, set up on private land in Douglas County. He submitted a disc of photos to cougar experts with the state. After reviewing and discussing the images among themselves, the biologists declared the pictures extraordinary a rare glimpse of fellowship among the West's common but elusive mountain lions."The pictures are 100 percent legit," said Jon Gallie, the assistant district biologist with the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife in Wenatchee.)Posted Image

#19 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

The more I look at them the more I think they are fake.

#20 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

:D :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Thats one of my pick up lines at the bar.... :D Lee

#21 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

I WANT to believe the pictures are genuine but the more I think about them the more I find myself doubting.

Dang, me too... Good to see I'm not the only one (skeptic)... being that misery (me) loves company and all. Just kidding, as I really have no thoughts one way or the other...... hmmmmm, yeah right, since when? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#22 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

OMG, just read Lee's (BPS) post... Too funny! I'm gonna use that line, but act like it was mine. LOL

#23 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

Hmmm, looks like DirtyDave went calling in WA....hahaha

#24 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:47 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageThis is what my Bushnell trophy Cam pictures look like.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#25 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

Just noticed your post Bob, Nice Cat pics.Were they on Private Land or your own ??Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users