6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

Was clear but a little windy today, so I went to the range anyways. I decided to re-check my .22 disco as to what pellets it liked.( I polished the barrel last week). I started with the 14.3 Crosman hollow point. Not real good. Then the 14.3 wad cutters. Same. Then the 21 gram Barracuda.... same. Then what the hell... why not, I tried the 31 gram ( I call them cannon balls). 25 yards in a 10 mph wind... I could put a dime over the five shots. Who would have thunk? All the rest were 1 1/2 inch 5 shot groups. It is really a lie to call it a group. Shotgun blast tells a true-er story.Going on 70 and still having fun and learning. Thank you!!

#2 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

Heavy with a high BC is always better in the wind. Drop is a lot easier to figure out for me than windage.

#3 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

Mr. Del,For what it's worth I found that my .22cal Disco groups best with the JSB Jumbo's. I shot it over my chrony the other day and it was putting out at right around 900fps. Give them a try if you haven't already.Mc

#4 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:52 AM

Back when i had my disco it loved the benji 14.1 grain domed it could take chipmunks at 40 yards real fun guns. Sold it to my friend before trying anything heavier looking to get back into a disco set up.

#5 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

I made a mistake. But you sharp people know that allready I checked my tin and it is not 31 grams it is 26, JBS Jumbo Monsters. Again, that pellet sure shoots in my Disco. I made up a tool to ensrue my muzzel break goes on staight. It is a piece if very stiff welding rod about 18 inches long with electrical tape 6 inches apart that just fits the .22 caliber barrel.... and one taped area that just fits the muzzel break at it's nose. I slip the two into the barrel and put the muzzel break on and tighten up the two set screws. Wallaa.

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

stock muzzle break or aftermarket...??I shoot JSB 14.3 Express in mine...906 FPS...

#7 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

My muzzel break is a TKO, work wonderful. I found it very hard to get on straight though. Hence, I made the tool to try out. I think it should come with three set screws(120 drgree opposed) instead of just two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users