#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

Arrived today from crosmods...with rain and all, managed to sight in,run chrono string and shoot one 5 shot group.Riser breech 6061 aluminum, complete new trigger frame with 2 stage adjustible trigger,composite grips,and carbon fiber shroud. I ordered it with a 20" barrel, and wire stock.RWS Super H Points...10 pumps..LO: 610.8 FPSHI: 617.0AVG: 613.3ES: 6.14SD: 2.23I did take some shots on chrono at 15 Pumps: 667 FPS.Only group had time for..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,197 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

That is one sweet looking shooter there Rich. I really like it. :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

Nice group. Never seen one of those before. Does your cheek weld with the wire stock ok for shooting? How noisy is it?
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#4 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

Very cool Rich! I'm looking to upgrade my 1377/22 with a custom forend and grips. I like the wire wire buttstock you put on yours. I'm kind of looking for a buttstock that either folds or removes so I can carry it in a backpack and break it down quickly. How quiet is that new barrel?

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

Nice group. Never seen one of those before. Does your cheek weld with the wire stock ok for shooting? How noisy is it?

It is more a 'low cheek' weld...issue is it's cold..!! Anyway,I added some pipe insulation,and that fixed everything...It is quieter than my 1377C pistol by a bunch..Posted Image

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

Nice rig.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

Very cool Rich! I'm looking to upgrade my 1377/22 with a custom forend and grips. I like the wire wire buttstock you put on yours. I'm kind of looking for a buttstock that either folds or removes so I can carry it in a backpack and break it down quickly. How quiet is that new barrel?

My 1377C has more a 'pop'...this 1377 Sniper is much more subtle and quieter..note that the barrel goes right to the end cap..(look close at pic)...I like that for a number of reasons..easy to clean barrel,etc...anyway,I thought before I got it that i may have to add baffles....but no need for that..Another neat thing is the breech has a picatinny rail machined in for Weaver rings..very cool. The trigger is to die for...awesome..Hope to nail something tomorrow...I'm taking care of my friends Arabian horses while he is out of town...took out a bunch of squirrels there last year...hee hee.Got a single point sling coming from BDS Tactical in Oceanside...man,those folks are slow...it will be a bungee sling,single point attachment,but you can swing the Sniper up fast...

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

Nice rig.

thanks...very light...going to weigh it tomorrow...guesing under 4 LBS...??

#9 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

That is one sweet looking shooter there Rich. I really like it. :lol:

All American...designed/made by gringo's,..shot by gringo's,...life is good..!!

#10 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:20 AM

Very nice rich thats going to serve you well for many years . I have a local smith building me a sniper all american carbine pistol also i can only hope it's a 1/4 as nice as that. Mackrel try these guys they can fabricate a stock for you http://muzzlemack.com/default.aspx and for a sweet trigger http://www.cothranmachine.com/ and another stock fabricator http://accustomparts...ustomParts.aspx

#11 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:55 AM

Thanks Knot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users