3 replies to this topic

#1 chino

chino

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

I'm looking for a compact tactical scope for my ar 15 and was looking at a few scopes from Aim Sports Inc.com and they have a few that look really nice but was wondering if anyone here have any experience with scopes from them or any kind of experience with these scopes. One of the concerns that I had was that if these rifles have a windage and elevation adjustments with just your fingers or do you need a tool such as a screwdriver or something like?Would also like some recommendations on compact scopes for ar15....i like scopes with BDC reticles but will consider others...lets hear those pros and cons and recommendations..

#2 375ranger

375ranger

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Varmint hunting, ATV's, Fishing

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:14 AM

I looked at AIM scopes at a gun show in Reno a couple of years ago, (I hope we're talking about the same company). These were chinese made, reminded me of Barska/Leapers stuff. I also looked for a compact scope for my AR, although I wanted a red dot. I found good reviews, great customer service, and pricing at Primary Arms.com As far as adjustments, a coin inserted into the slot, or some have raised bars to turn. Hope this helps.

#3 chino

chino

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

Thanks 375Ranger... yes this does help anything will help since I haven't found exactly the scope to buy buut am looking around for affordable but yet not too cheap of stuff...Thanks again

#4 Mick17

Mick17

Varmint Hunter

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:I love shooting all types of guns and hunting. I shoot and reload for my shotgun, my .45, and my .223. I love deer hunting ,but there aren't very many deer these days. I really enjoy Coyote hunting. It's very exciting calling in a wild animal. I also try to practice with my .45's as much as I can. I am a member of the NRA and the CRPA.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

I bought a spotting scope from the same company. It works but is difficult to focus and generally not that clear. If I had thought a bit more, I would have bought a BSA spotting scope as they aren't that expensive and I like their products...I have several BSA scopes on various rifles and I like them. They are very clear, durable and priced right. Of course they're not going to be a Zeiss, but I could never afford a Zeiss anyhow. Up from the BSA, would be a Bushnell. But now that I'm typing this, I recall telling a friend that my next scope is going to be a Hawke. Oh well, it's all in what you can afford. Have fun looking!
"Life's tough-It's even tougher if your stupid"--John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users