#1 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

Finally.....I purchased the lower from a friend over a year ago. It sat in my safe.He was going with a tactical 6.8mm setup. He already had an OD pistol grip and collapsable stock, and the goofy CA legal bullet button thingy. I wanted a flatrail hunting setup in .223.I finally purchased the complete upper (Bushmaster Predator, 20" barrel with 1:8 twist) and a Nikon Buckmaster scope (BDC 14.5 - 14 x 40) and installed it with generic scope mounts.I found a collapsable stock and a scope don't mix, so installed an extended charging handle, changed the stock to a Magpull adjustable in black (didn't care for the the OD green) and changed the scope rings out for a Burris one piece (PEPR). While I was at it, I added a black Hogue pistol grip. (Whoda thunk there was a spring and pin in there somewhere? Had to search the carpet for those. )I finished it off with a Harris Bi-Pod.Now it's perfect. I have about 400 rounds through it without any issues, and I love it. Right now the barrel is more accurate than me, so I need more practice. I put the last 40 rounds through fist sized group at 100 yrds.Attached File  1.jpg   18.22KB   26 downloads

#2 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:16 AM

Nice rifle.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:25 AM

Good looking Ar. Try some 40 gr Vmax on some ground squirrels if you get a chance. That 1/8 twist really makes those critters fly. "at least thats been my luck with the Tikka" Good luck with the new rifle.
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#4 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

Nice. Waiting on my upper, it's about two weeks out and it's driving me crazy.
Ne Desit Virtus

#5 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

That is one sweet AR!

#6 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

Nice Timmy! I'm waiting on the upper for my second one. It can't come soon enough.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users