Photo

Finnished some Nanvie type arrows for the stick.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:35 PM

Made these up this week for my stick bow. shafts are bamboo, ash and oak. the ash came from a tree that fell last year down the streat.Posted ImagePosted Image they all fly good . I use to think reloading was addictive.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#2 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:13 AM

Neat project. I had a long bow when I was a kid. Tried to make one by reading books when I was a kid. They always broke on me. I could never get it right. May try again someday. Now that I am older and have more patience to follow directions, maybe the end result would be better.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,006 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

Those are nice arrows. I'd almost be afraid to shoot and lose them.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

Those are masterpieces! when I wrote I did not shoot a long bow in my post that was for you lol. I know you love them! One of my partners at work shoots a long bow, killed his first deer with his two years ago, It's amazing to watch him shoot. oh and the rock check is def. going down! considering i woke up this morning with five inches of snow on the ground i'm not sure when, but it's coming haha

#5 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

All that work so you can break them shooting at squirrels. Those are some great looking arrows none the less.

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

All that work so you can break them shooting at squirrels.You betcha. :popcorn: :roflmao3[1]:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users