6 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

What kind of tool do you guys recommend to take the crimp out of the primer socket. I am starting to accumulate brass with crimps .

#2 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

This tool works pretty well for me. http://www.midwayusa...ctNumber=447022

#3 gmoney

gmoney

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

http://www.dillonpre...Super_Swage_600dillon tool is the best it has some real power

#4 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:15 AM

John......I have a lyman and a lee cutter and they work so-so. I have the RCBS unit for your press and it is ok. I also have the Dillon super swager and it is by far the best. Give me a call and you can try them out. Is it 223 brass? The swager is set up for it now as I remember. If you have less than a 1000 bring them by and we can do them in short order. Are the primers out. If not the cheap lee tool works fine. My daughters boyfriend broke mine but I have a good Wilson one still we can use if you need to remove the primers. I try to remove the primers on mil stuff before sizing.

#5 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

I've got a CH4D swagger that works well with some brass, so so or not so great with others. The Dillion tool works well if your going to buy something, I found one I can borrow. What I did most of mine with though was a deburring tool. Chuck it up in you drill press, set about 500 rpm and you can do a coffee can full in an hour. Light touch on each one is all it takes.
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

Doug I might just do that and come by.I have them de primed 223 brass and it's not that many like only 100 or so.How are you doing are you healing up after you hip replacement can you move around a lot more?........................Pogo that is a good Idea but I have the one from lee not sure if it will work I will check it out.I am leaning towards the rcbs swager die. From the youtube video people have a made a spacer for lee presses in order for them to work but it is easy to do.

#7 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

I am getting around pretty good. My Knee gives me more trouble than the hip.Please stop by and we can do them. I am not suppose to be driving yet but I still get around here fine. Heck bring the powder/primers/bullets and we can load them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users