7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

Yesterday I called then drove out to the dairy I have permission to shoot. Taking into account everything that Shooter John stated about shooting around the cows and the other major topics....I decided not to shoot around the cows or where the men are working. There was a long pile of 1/2 tires used to hold down tarps or plastic laded over long piles of various feeds for the dairy. It was full of squeaks. With my Air Wolf (.22) I managed to shoot 13 out of 15 shots using 18.1 gr pellets. These were from 25 to 44 yards. I would say the first ten were in the first 15 minutes. After that thing slowed down ... alot. I then drove over to the one of the "Lagoons" (used to catch drainage water....30 feet top to bottom). The place was crawling with squeaks. I even seen some on top of each other there was that many. Really. I have to figure out a new approach as I was to far from the action ( 88 yards is good for wounding but not good for killing) But first time there... I will figure it out, I'll bet.

#2 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

Sounds like you have found a great place to do some shooting. Have fun and good shooting.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#3 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

Sounds like you had a Fun day Murph :good:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,389 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

That's a great sounding place Murph. Those ground squirrels love those sorts of places. I'm sure you'll have even better shooting as it warms up and the squirrels become even more active. :good:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

That ratio would make you a good bet it great having a lot of vermin to shoot .

#6 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

they love nooks and crannies. sounds like you had fun.

#7 kidscollegefund

kidscollegefund

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

If you need any help, let me know! :good:

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

Yo Murph...get over to walmart and buy a bag of squirrel food (10 lbs). Scout your squirrel heaven,and drop handfulls where you can shoot those squirrels...they will come to the bait......what happens is birds find it first...then squirrels rush in for their share....This may help solve your 88 yrd issue...just set up 'kill zones',..fields of fire....and if you can shoot down on them,you will win the war.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users