• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

So a couple of weeks ago I decided to dust off my fishing poles that I had up in the rafters of my garage and get back into pole fishing from my kayak. After looking over my gear I realized that I needed to have one of the eyes on a pole replaced. So I went down to "Just Fishing" in Redondo Beach (great little fishing shop by the way) and dropped it off to be repaired. A couple of days later after doing a little fishing in the morning, I dropped by the shop and my pole is looking like new. I carefully place it in the back of my truck with my other poles and gear and head home. At some point during the drive home, My 110lb Labrador retreiver decided he didn't have a good enough perspective of the scenery and got up onto a storage box I had in the back of my truck. Well lets just say that 110lbs of dog +30lbs of gear makes 140lbs of a tackle wrecking mess. When I opened up the back of my truck there was my happy labrador all pround as hell that he had managed to hang on and not fall off of that storage box, kind of like his version of an amuzement park ride. And then there were my poles that I had tucked all nice over to the side...... Now I have to take all 3 poles back to have multiple eyes replaced. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

I just found this, "what a shame." I guess we've all been there. I've closed them in the tailgate of my trucks, slammed them in doors and even had a cow chew the tip off a fly rod once. I hope they were able to fix them? It's that sick feeling you get when you see that it's broken. :sport037fn4:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,649 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

Did you get them fixed? . Killed rods with the tail gate and doors before . Makes you want to slap your self.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:59 AM

Yeh I got the poles fixed. Pete at "Just Fishing"here in Redondo Beach on 190th street is an artist when it comes to redoing a pole. I can't recomend the guy enough. And he's very reasonable on his prices. If you're ever fishing down this way he's the guy to hit up for advice on where to go, whats biting, what kind of set up to use, etc.

#5 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

hahahaha . been there before . Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users