6 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

After my beloved steelers got soundly beat it was a long monday went out to run some errands and stopped at cobra airguns to talk to martin about a new custom gun i want built . 3 hours of well spent time became afternoon as i get home directly across the street from me is the crippled crow from last sunday on the mailbox. It's 2:30 so i go in the house and watch him thinking he's waiting on his murder to flyby as he was in clear view and there path to the roost seams to be over my house. I figure it's only a matter of time around 3:30 he's still sitting tight his broken wing flapping up and down in the wind . He would hop up and down off a big snow pile but the mailbox was where he keeped watch and soon after the scout found him and landed right in my tree above the bread . It didn't take 410c and i long to shut him up it was nice to get a solo. I went right out to get him and broken wing was already well up the street where 20 more crows where all over him about 150 yards away .A few flew over my house madness didn't last long maybe 15 seconds and i already had my perp. My boys didn't get the 7th ring but here's my 7th crow of the year another big one impact just under the heart one lttle feather out of place. Posted Image

#2 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

You are making me jealous being able to shoot crows with your air rifle. Man I'd love to clean a few up around my house...Just yet another idiot regulation here in California. I can shoot turkeys with my Disco, but not crows - go figure...

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

DFG California:Upland game...American Crow... All .....Dec 4 - April 6 When they wake me up,...I go out and shoot them...justifiable homicide....grin,wink...

#4 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:28 PM

Nice shooting.... Get rid of them pesky ba#*&##@'s.....

#5 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

My house is an enviornmental hazard to crows. I've lost track of how many have died of lead poisoning. :popcorn:

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

:popcorn: Take up condor hunting would you please. :popcorn:

#7 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

Mackeral thats what it's all about had another real close this AM but it would have landed out of bounds let him pass .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users