• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am into foraging of all kinds. Hunting for game is just one aspect. Every time I am out in the back country I am looking for edible, useful and medicinal flora and fauna. I am also constantly working on survival skills. Hunted as a boy for squirrel, rabbit and some upland birds. I am a farmer by trade and I work for an organic farm founded on ethical work practices.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

So my old man gave me a Savage Model 24 for Christmas. It is going to make a great yote gun and backup for deer hunts but this is my first time putting glass on a shotgun. I don't have a lot of cash flow because I am in the process of upgrading my deer and pig rifle. I am looking at the Simmons 1.5 - 5 x 32mm ProDiamond Master Series Shotgun Scope. Cheap as all get out but seems like people don't have to many bad things to say. Let me know if any of you have used one of these or if you have any other recommendations!Happy Hunting

#2 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:42 AM

Any shotgun specific scope should work fine. Or a red-dot type sight would be good too.I am looking for a 24 in 223/12ga. I have always wanted one.

#3 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am into foraging of all kinds. Hunting for game is just one aspect. Every time I am out in the back country I am looking for edible, useful and medicinal flora and fauna. I am also constantly working on survival skills. Hunted as a boy for squirrel, rabbit and some upland birds. I am a farmer by trade and I work for an organic farm founded on ethical work practices.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

So have I. When I was a kid I used to drool over the 20ga .22's at gun shows. I guess my old man has a good memory! Mine is a .223 12 ga but I'm pretty sure I told you that in another post. I have yet to shoot anything other than clays with the 12 gauge but it is pretty nice. If I ever want to get rid of it I will let you know. Or if you are hankering to get rid of a decent bolt .308 or a .357 lever action I might be willing to trade :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users