7 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

I live very close to a river in federal wetlands here on the east coast and with all the snow ice and cold weather meals are hard to come by . Theres a open lot behind my house with one hard wood about 70 ft high and another at 50 ft high from 25 to 30 yards from my patio . Hundreds of crows fly over my house over the course of the week sometimes all with in an hour so they can see any bread easy most know it\\\'s dangerous but others don\\\'t here they are .Just like my steelers going for 3 superbowls in 6 years i was gifted 3 crows in 6 days . Sunday ,monday and one friday . must be the half a chcicken carcass staked next to the tree and half a loaf of frozen italian bread . All shots with .22cal 18.1 grain jsb\\\'s . #1 Posted Image#2 Posted Image #3 far right Posted Image Posted Image and some starlngs from tues wed ,turs Posted Image[/img] one more win and this could be a real week for me to remember steelers fan since 1970 and all 3 two from earlier in the week are frozen Posted Image

#2 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

Nice shots...Go Steelers :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

Good job on getting all of those. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

GOOD CROW CONTROL! Couldn't help to see you're a STEELERS fan....go STEELERS!Posted ImageToday at my house it's reserved parking. All others will be towed to Green Bay.

#5 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

Great fun. I would try to put the dead ones out there with a piece of wire holding them up and see if I could call some in to land next to them?
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#6 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:49 AM

Funny bennie i going to do just that over by the coop a small 30 ft strip of woods and open field is where i'am going to set up even thinking of putting out the owl decoy . They fly right over everyday from 2 til 4 pm this time of year i think one over a half gutted nutter in the snow would be highly visable . Lots of crows around in large groups this year new ones needing education in airguns .

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

I've used crow decoys..(they rotate on rod in wind)...worked for awhile until they got savvy....now they just swoop in without landing...I have also left squirrel bodies out,but with very little sucess...have not tried Owl decoy yet....Think problem is I've taken over 6 crows and they are very wary...they have not landed in several weeks..

#8 DagoRich

DagoRich

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Family, good friends, camping, long range shooting, shooting squeeks and prairie dogs, reloading and a good steak.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

Nice work on the crows! :yikes[1]:

"Every Day Is My Friday"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users