7 replies to this topic

#1 dogslayer1313

dogslayer1313

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

Im looking to buy my first air rifle since I was a kid. I dont really know too much about all the models out there. I have been looking the site over but would like some feedback. Im looking for something in .20 cal or possibly .22 cal. Something in the $300-$400 range, and it HAS TO BE MADE IN U.S.A.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hold off until the air gun show at the Roseville fairgrounds on March 5&6. You should be able to compare all of them there. Maybe even find a good deal.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 pete

pete

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Hiking, Fishing, Construction, Water Polo, Swimming, Boat Building, Shooting.

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:27 AM

Just out of question, why only made in USA? Some of the best airguns I can think of are made in Gemany and Korea. I dont have too much expirience with airguns but if your looking for a hunting rifle made in US everybody seems to love the discovery and the marauder PCPs. I havent owned either yet but everyone seems to love them. Beeman also makes really nice break barrels( I have shot some of these but still never owned, they shoot like a dream though) but they are from Germany. They might be out of your price range though.

#4 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:18 AM

Love my Disco! I was playing with it after the last smallbore .22 silhouette match - knocking down the rams one after the other, when another shooter got all excited that I had it there. Let him shoot it a few times, and he commented how it weighed so much less than his Marauder and would be the better hunting rifle - but of course the Maurauder is a whole lot quieter because of the factory barrel shroud.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#5 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

I have both the Disco and the Marauder both in .22 caliber. I like the Marauder the best because it has a 10 round magizine and the action is very smooth. Like Baja Traveler stated here, just wait until the Air Gun Show. Then you will be able to handle every gun you would like. Maybe when you buy at the show they might throw in a scope for you. Just maybe. two days ago I found out my Marauder likes the 14.3 Crosman hollow point pellet. That is one of the cheapest on the market. Wally World ...500 pellets for $6.97. One major problem is you either have to pump it up yourself or buy a tank system. That is a added expence. But will last a long time. Anything else we can help you with, just ask right here. We all are happy to help.

#6 dogslayer1313

dogslayer1313

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

Thanks Braz and the others for the advice. I will for sure go to the show and continue to do my homework in the meanwhile. I prefer to buy american when possible, without starting a political war on here I just hate seeing our manufacturing businesses fail and try to keep my money closer to home.

#7 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

Not dealing with politics either, but something to think about. If you do buy something from another country, and your dollars go there, what do you think they do with them? Just hold them in the bank? Nope, they purchase things with them. Things they need and don't have or produce. Those very same dollars come back to this country in the purchase of other items. Just something to think about.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:10 AM

Thanks Braz and the others for the advice. I will for sure go to the show and continue to do my homework in the meanwhile. I prefer to buy american when possible, without starting a political war on here I just hate seeing our manufacturing businesses fail and try to keep my money closer to home.

Definately go to the show and stop by Tim Mcmurrays table (MAC 1 airguns). Tell him Rich Woods sent ya...he will be more than helpful and can fix you up well within your budget. Take a look at his site(click on retail prices...his Benjamin/Sheridans with his 'steroid tune are just the ticket for you...I have two...choices in .177..20 and .22...Both mine are older versions in .20 cal...and they are accurate with very good power...http://www.mac1airgun.com/Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users