7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

I have a .22 caliber Marauder that will not hold a six inch group at twenty five yards. This morning I polished the inside barrel with bore polish (25 passes) and mag polish 10 passes. Then dry patches until very clean. (6) I then took it to the range and fired 60 rounds of 18.1 grain JBS through it just to get it back to *normal*. 6 inches again. I want to order a new barrel but when I get it ...I have to take the old one off the gun and replace with new. This morning I found the three screws to remove but I could not figure out how to get the barrel free from the front breech. Does it screw out? Pressed in? Glued in? Magic? Do I have to de-gas the gun. As you can see, I just don't understand nuttin.Tanks Murph. :drinks: :puke: :censored[1]:

#2 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

I don't have a Maurader, but I'd check here....http://www.maraudera...forum/index.php

#3 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

I did find post that talked about removing the barrel but not how to remove it.

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

This may help...http://www.crosman.c...63 ...0& PL.PDFTo remove the barrel , remove the bolt tensioning screw (big slot-head, top rear of the breech), then remove the rifle's bolt (held by one allen head); then remove the allen screw you access through the hole where the tensioning screw was. Then, pull the two allen head screws going through the breech on either side of the barrel. The breech will lift off at this point. Mind you don't lose the aluminum transfer tube or the seals on either end of it. Finally, loosen the two allen grub screws going through the center top of the breech. The barrel will slide out at this point.

#5 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hey Murph....Have you thought about sending that gun into Tim at Mac1? He's a great gunsmith with very reasonable fees and I bet would get your Maruder in fine shooting order very quickly at a reasonable cost. Sometimes it's less expensive and far less aggravating :lol: to have the pro's do the deed....which allows us shooters to just take part in the fun of shootin' :lol:

#6 Bobby B

Bobby B

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

Have you contacted Crosman?

#7 Kesepton

Kesepton

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Kayaking, Backpacking, now Hunting.

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

Have you tried other pellets? I hear that the JSBs do not fit well in some guns, in others they are a tack driver.I ordered some heavier pellets with bigger heads to try in mine. I just got my Mrod .22 a few days ago tho, so I cant really comment too much. Just a lot of reading online.

#8 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

My Mrod has been out of order because I sent it back to West Virgina. I ordered a thumb hole custom stock for it and because I am handicapped a person volunteered to inlay it for me. I have not received it back yet. I will finish the stock with sanding and polishing, I am just fine with that type of work. Tanks, Murph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users