9 replies to this topic

#1 filterbiz

filterbiz

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

I have been buiding this rig fro a while, 3.5 re lift camo paint, line x full interior should be done in 3 weeks, working on paint now the rest is done. i am going to need some passengers that can train me how to down these damn coyotes.Attached File  1.jpg   23.39KB   27 downloadsby the way anyone looking at getting a rig should look into these, a friend turned me on to them. I found this one on CL for 500.00 it needed a fuel pump. 60 bucks , i spent 300 on 3.5 lift, and 100 for used 32" rims and tires. for 960.00 it is well worth it to have a sweet rig that can really handle whatever you throw at it. just fyi

#2 Edgard Villa

Edgard Villa

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

I've been looking too!

#3 thebeast64ol

thebeast64ol

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:I love to go out and hunt, hike, backpack, pretty much anything that is in the outdoors.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

Hey you should join our CPC Offroad get-together!! I think we are going to Anza to run a trail that Fakawee knows of.
This is Remington Country!

#4 SFSMedic

SFSMedic

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:57 AM

Anza??? I want to go. My rigs sort of a beast. Posted Image

#5 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

You are welcome to go but we may end up at the squeeze so you may loose some paint on that monster.

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

Anza??? I want to go. My rigs sort of a beast. Posted Image

I don't know about the other guys who want to go 4wheelin' but the only air my jeep will ever see under it's tires is when it's on a maintenance lift, crawling over rocks or heaven forbid-on it's roof. We will definitely be at a much slower pace than you'll want to travel from the looks of your photo SFSMedic. Most of my cross country travels are at 10mph or less! I like the scenery more than the speed. Your Avalanche is more than welcome but again, the pace will probably bore you.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#7 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

No Way! Bring it out there and let's see if we can scratch it up.

#8 SFSMedic

SFSMedic

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

I like the slow steady pace of the outdoors as well, we were playing in the dunes so had to go fast or sink lol. I finally found a good use for the ugly plastic moldings on an Avy, protection! As for the squeeze yeah Id be screwed. lol. I do miss my cherokee often but just couldnt maintain two vehilcles. If you couldnt tell its running a Ford 9" inch in the rear (4 linked) and twin traction beams out of a 91 bronco widened 4" per side. TTB and rocks go KABOOM darnit. Anza is such a fun place though, I am very tempted though.I got a buddy who owns a fab shop that builds race trucks and lately some jeep stuff as well I may try to get one of the guys that races with us to bring out his cherokee (he keeps it at the shop which is where the Avy lives too) and ill ride with him, its on ford F-250 axles so its a little wide too but should be able to manage the squeeze if that is the route we ended up taking.

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:50 AM

that's a cool jump but did you break anything.Those full size trucks are not meant to be jumped.nice rig it looks expensive.

#10 SFSMedic

SFSMedic

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

I didn't break anything. In fact I probably jumped it like that 20 times over two day weekend at pismo. This truck is specifically built to be driven that way. We built it to pre run off road race courses like the baka 1000 or best in the desert series so we know the course before running a real race truck through the course. The truck has a full cage that starts from the front bumper through the engine compartment and into the cab then through to the bed where the rear shocks mount. It runs 2.5" coilovers with dual rate springs running 20" of suspension travel front and back. The suspension was built from the frame down. Nothing is produce in a factory but all specifically fabricated for that truck. At ride height it still has 10" inchs of uptravel in suspension and 10" of droop which allows the suspension to fall out when airborne like this and then absorb all the cushion landing.There are pictures of the build on this Facebook page as well other trucks my friend John has built. http://www.facebook....151784264833501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users