10 replies to this topic

#1 Huntnfooltwo

Huntnfooltwo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

I was surfing the web for shooting benches and stumbled across Sturckys Sturdy shooting Bench. It looks like just what i wanted ,except for the price. Has anyone seen one , used one, is it really worth that much?Is there something on the market that you would recommend?

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

This is a very steady rest. It was $230 on sale for $180 and I had a gift card. I replaced the plastic top with 3/4" plywood L shape I made. Caldwell sells a carrying case and it is portable. It tilts forward/backwards and swivels. Very sturdy. Caldwell makes a more expensive one with a better top but I found it cheaper to make may own rather than pay the difference. It is on a covered deck off of my master bedroom and I cover it with a universal grill cover. Three legs is preferred for bench rest steadiness on uneven terrain.http://www.californi...showtopic=21915

I'm an airgunholic

#3 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

I have a Caldwell Stable Table as well that I bought from Cabelas. It is a great bench for shooting varmints and can rotate 360 degrees. Very solid. A bit heavy to carry around but I put all the parts except the table top into a 56" nylon keyboard bag. So I can easily carry the bag and the table top to and from the truck. It weighs about 60 lbs or so though, so it's not real portable in the field once it's set up. Here's another company that makes great rotating shooting benches. http://www.doatactical.com/

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

I am getting a second plate for the satble table bench from Caldwell to reattach to the plastic top for cleaning.

I'm an airgunholic

#5 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

If you plan on toting it for any distance, Id just build a Booger Bench. If its for a fixed location I'd use Readymix. :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.

#6 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

easy project: Go to Home Depot and buy their folding table legs. I used a 3/4' piece of plywood and cut out a shooting area for a lefty. scroll down @ site to folding table legs. http://www.homedepot...catalogId=10053

#7 Huntnfooltwo

Huntnfooltwo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

I already made this bench and it is not very stable. 4 legs close together and all really like the three legs. I have used the RCBS bench but it doesnt come with a table top for all your gear and all.

I have a Caldwell Stable Table as well that I bought from Cabelas. It is a great bench for shooting varmints and can rotate 360 degrees. Very solid. A bit heavy to carry around but I put all the parts except the table top into a 56" nylon keyboard bag. So I can easily carry the bag and the table top to and from the truck. It weighs about 60 lbs or so though, so it's not real portable in the field once it's set up. Here's another company that makes great rotating shooting benches. http://www.doatactical.com/

Love it this Bench is probably worth the Money.

#8 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

Here's one for sale here.http://www.californi...showtopic=22174

#9 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

I have a fold up table 3'x6' bought at costco. I put my stuff on it and bring my hunting chair and its perfect for it.
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#10 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

FirstBadger makes a quality shooting bench for around $90. It's very reasonably priced. Check out FirstBadger!

#11 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

easy project: Go to Home Depot and buy their folding table legs. I used a 3/4' piece of plywood and cut out a shooting area for a lefty. scroll down @ site to folding table legs. http://www.homedepot...catalogId=10053

That type of bench was my solution to the portable bench problem back in '95. Still using it. Can wander around on foot without a problem. I used the very cheap plywood as it is lighter.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users