9 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

Hi, I went yesterday and bought 440 rounds of 7.62x54 for like 90$. Not to bad at all. The show grounds was really big, my wife got bored quickly though lol. 14$ person to get in, the powder seemed in line with the market and perhaps a bit cheaper. Found a army steel framed back pack is great condition for 65$, Still have my stamp on my arm i may go back after church, without the wife though hehehe.
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:51 AM

My experience at gun shows is that the powder, bullets, rifles, handguns, etc are all more expensive than what I can find elsewhere. I have almost stopped going to them. Factor in the price of admission and parking and it's just not a bargain.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

I was checking out both h110 and a 8 pound imr 4350. both were cheaper, actually. I bought the imr through cabelas and the 110 from bass pros. If your there you don't have to pay for shipping either which save some. H110 was going for 22.50$ a pound
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#4 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:04 AM

But did you like the Barbies and samarai swords? I went two years ago and that did it for me. I agree that the prices were more than I have to pay in a store.

#5 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

Powder prices were DEFINITELY cheaper than the stores at the show. Some by as much as $5 or more a pound. Some place even had primers for sale at $25 a brick. They also had some really good deals on brass. Not so much on the bullets. So if I have to see a few Samurai swords and Barbie dolls to get those prices and spend 4-5 hours looking at guns and war artifacts, so be it. I seem to be one of the few with this amazing ability to not look at what I don't like to see and not let it bother me. Besides, the OC women make up for it :g-hog-poppin-up-ani: Hey rude robert, it was a decent size show, but do you remember the old gun shows at the LA County Fairgrounds in Pomona? That was not a show, that was an all out event! They really knew how to do it. I sure miss those days. :signs1180lq:

#6 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

I never made it back then, i was fooling around with too many girls back then lol. The babes that the show were great to look at for sure. My wife was such a good sport, as it wasn't my fault that they were there walking around in front of me lol

#7 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

I have been only to a few, that one was the biggest that i have been too. The last one was in Glendora i think like 8 months ago? It was small, though.

#8 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

You're probably thinking of the Ontario show, quite small. Too bad you never saw the old ones. Back then it only came to town twice a year and it was a 3 day event. It used to be bigger than the OC Fair (not the gun show at the fairgrounds, the actual fair!). They used have the Corona beer girls, the Budweiser beer girls, the AK-47 calendar girls etc., several buildings full plus a ton of outside vendors. Those of us that went will never forget it. And it always seemed to go off without any major problems. Sorry to hear you never got to experience it, you would have absolutely loved it. Think I'll pour me a Single Barrel & water, remember the good times, and smile myself to sleep.............zzzzzzz

#9 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

Before they moved it to LA County fairgrounds it was a Real Show but that was 37 years ago

#10 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

Your starting to show your age on that one hehehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users