• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

Looks like California State Senator Kevin DeLeon was not sufficiently embarrassed when his ammo registration bill, AB 962, was struck down as unconstitutional in federal court. Clearly not having learned his lesson, he is now getting into a pissing match by introducing another ammo ban bill in SB 124. These anti-gunners in California just don't get it.http://leginfo.ca.go....ntroduced.htmlPulled this from calguns
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

Not FoundThe requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#3 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

Try this onehttp://www.sfgate.co...Fn140415S80.DTL

#4 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=389689

#5 KClark

KClark

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Family, hunting, shooting, metal detecting for gold rush relics, fishing, camping.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

The bad part is it's probably worded correctly this time and it will pass again.
It Doesn't Matter What You Miss Them With

#6 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

If they get it done this time I'll just drive to AZ to do my "shopping"

#7 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

It may a very busy road if this passes

#8 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

I was at the gun show yesterday, you should have seen how many people were standing in line at 1100 to pay 14$ each to get in. We put a lot of tax dollars into the State's economy. Why would anyone want to stop the flow of monies into the state at this time, or any time in fact and call it a good thing? They say they have California best intention but, they don't!
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#9 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

I don't get it. Can someone explain to me how restricting armor piercing ammo during the commission of a felony affects me? I have no plans for the 7-11 or the bank.

#10 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

California State Senator Kevin DeLeon Please get a life and do something that is going to help our community. Okay?Oh I may be very misguided wanting community value in new legislation...However it appears that Senator DeLeon isn't crafting this legislation wanting to help the community...This drive is all about HIM!He wants his face on 60 minutes. Smile...here ya go buddy :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:

#11 goosebrown

goosebrown

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Ceramics. WEB programming. Varmint hunting and possibly pig hunting.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

"I don't get it. Can someone explain to me how restricting armor piercing ammo during the commission of a felony affects me? I have no plans for the 7-11 or the bank. "Two reasons. First who decides what "armor" is? Kevlar plate or tin can? If you give them a way to make a determination to what the standard is that is not specified in law, then they get to decide the standard and THAT lets them put EVERYTHING on the table. Your FMJ 308 will go through a 1/8" steel plate at 100 yards. Is that armor? Could be?Second reason, the bill defines "handgun ammunition" as any ammunition that can be used in a handgun. So, since there are lots of AR Pistols, .223 would be considered handgun ammo. There are TC Contenders in 30/30 so that would be handgun ammunition. I saw some guy at the range the other day with a funky pistol with a separate breach block that twisted on. It was a 308. Now they could consider 308 as handgun ammunition. There used to be a 45-70 pistol from Century(?) 30 years ago. 45-70 is handgun ammo. .22? Yep, handgun ammo.This bill is presented as "armor piercing" language that will easily pass. What legislator is not for a ban on armor-piercing ammunition? The pill wrapped up inside is the unambiguous definition of handgun ammo. The vagueness of the definition is what overturned AB962. With this law in place first, a new AB962 would not have that legal flaw and would be MUCH more difficult, if not impossible, to overturn as almost all ammunition would be "handgun ammunition" except for .416 Rigby and .375 H&H and that sort of thing.
Keep your family close... and armed.Matt Brown

#12 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

I think i see a tc in .375 before
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#13 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Here's a list from Bullberry of their barrels. Although I doubt aftermarket barrels in non factory mfgr'd calibers apply but it doesn't state that they don't.Here's a list of TC factory barrels.

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,197 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

But Bullberry also offers a .410/45 barrel that isn't legal for sale in California. So would that make .410 shells illegal too?Thompson Center Contender Super 14" Barrel 45 Colt/410 Gauge, Fixed Sights Md: 4547 Details Super "14" Contender Barrel Specifications: - Gauge/Caliber: 45 Colt/410 Gauge - Length: 14" - Model: Super Contender - Barrel: Bull Barrel with Vent Rib - Sights: Fixed Sights - Finish: Blued steel - Screw-in Choke - 45 & .410 models include removable choke tube ....

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#15 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

Notwithstanding my previous comment, this looks vague, ambiguous and unconstitutional on its face. Remember AB962?

#16 goosebrown

goosebrown

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Ceramics. WEB programming. Varmint hunting and possibly pig hunting.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

"Notwithstanding my previous comment, this looks vague, ambiguous and unconstitutional on its face."Actually it looks pretty clear to me and pretty nasty. It is a definition of handgun ammo that is quite clear. Any cartridge that fits in a handgun is handgun ammo. The only thing that got AB962 thrown out was that there wasn't a definition of handgun ammo. Now there is. Next time round, AB962 won't be overturned... This is a scary bill.
Keep your family close... and armed.Matt Brown

#17 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

The link posted isn' t working. goosebrown, do need a laxative?

#18 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

It is obvious that a law restricting ammo negatively affects individual 2nd Amendment rights. Guns don't functin without ammo.

#19 whatjeffhunts

whatjeffhunts

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

He is just an idiot who didnt get enough hugs from his mommy when he was little so he is trying to get attention now.

Vegetables aren't food, vegetables are what food eats

#20 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:57 AM

With all of the social and economic problems facing the California citizen, this hack chooses to push this nonsense bill. If he was serious about crime he would be turning the heat up on gangs, But nooooooooooooooo.....you never see these political chumps actually attacking the real source of crime. Nope... they'll never do anything that might cause a backlash from their public. California's economy is sucking bigtime and this jerk wants to pass legislation to make it even worse. It's hard to believe that people can be this stupid. I wonder what his electorate demographics look like? Whe keeps votong for this jackalope?Thank these people: "Downtown Los Angeles, East Hollywood, Echo Park, Elysian Valley, Mt. Washington, Lincoln Heights, South Los Angeles, the Cities of Alhambra, South Pasadena, San Marino, Vernon and Maywood, and unincorporated portions of Los Angeles County." Also, he is another hack implant from the California Teacher's Association. Typical.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#21 hump

hump

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

lol well thats our government wasting our tax dollars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users