• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:19 AM

In march Im going to a squirrel shoot in northern CA. all of my older boys will be home at the same time. thats a small miricale in it self. ones in the army, ones in the air force, and another is a deputy. trying to get them together at one time doesnt happen often. Im wanting to try to video the hunt . and even try rifle mounting the camera. does anyone have any idea what small digital camera I should look at? im not much of a tech guy, but Id like to be able to see squirrels out to 150yds. and my budget is around $200. my current setup is an old 8mm sony and weighs more than the rifle. what do you all think? thanks in advance DR

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

You should check out the cameras that Varmintair is using to film his airgun shoots. It sure works great for him.

#3 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

I would have suggested the same thing Braz did. I don't know how recoil will affect a video camera. Send Varmint Air a PM and check out his site. He has some pretty nice squirrel footage.

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

I went with the Seben DKA2 scope/camera adapter and a Casio EX FC150 which has the best and cheapest high speed videos in a point and click at the moment ($250). I wanted to shoot videos through the crosshairs.This guy uses that setup with his videos:http://www.youtube.c...notation_704605

#5 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

I found Varmitairs blog site, and found a couple pics of his setup. thats kind of what Im looking at. I checked Best Buys site and found a couple possibilitys. the first has 39x optical zoom, weighs only 7 oz, but only has 580 lines of resilution. the other has 680 lines of resilution , about the same zoom, but weighs 2.4lbs. both have image stabilization, both are within my budget. the lighter cam would be nice but how much better video will the 100 lines of resilution make? DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users