• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pete

pete

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Hiking, Fishing, Construction, Water Polo, Swimming, Boat Building, Shooting.

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

Anyone seen this? Its a PCP upper that I think can go on a regular AR lower. Suposed to be for competition shooting and claims to have 9mm 10 shot groups at 10 meters. 3000 psi, 600fps, 120 shots/fill. I have never even held a PCP rifle and dont know much about them but for those of you that do shoot competitions I thought you might be interested.YouTubeCrosman MAR177At $900 for just the upper though it sounds kind of steep.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

Not very fast either for a .177. Maybe good for shooting sparrows.

#3 pete

pete

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Hiking, Fishing, Construction, Water Polo, Swimming, Boat Building, Shooting.

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Its ment as a competition air rifle that replaces the upper reciver of a normal AR-15. To me $900 dollars seems too steep to even consider buying(im having enough fun with the $90 crosman) but I know that people dump a couple thousand dollars into those really really nice PCPs. But no its not too fast for a .177, if it came in .22 or other larger calibers I bet they could make a lot more sales by appealing to the hunting market as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users