• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BigRagu

BigRagu

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:1. Diesel truck performance, especially the Dodge 89-93 1st Gens.<br />2. Reloading, lots and lots, but only one round @ a time.<br />3. Hunting for food 1st, then hunting for camaraderie 2nd<br />4. Camping<br />5. Involvement in my boys sporting events

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

Hey, all. My last post a couple months ago was about inquiring about e-caller purchase. I have since got one, and am curious about being able to load more sounds. FoxPro has in the instructions how to do it step by step, but I have two left feet when it comes to attempting to try. I guess in time I'll figure out maybe an easier way, but my question to you all is about being able to load additional sounds into the Fury other than FP's sounds. Can Varmint Al's sounds be transferred onto my Fury? What are other sites than offer realistic sounds? Anyway, for now, just answer the Varmint Al inquiry, please. Thanks- BRagu

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

Yes.

#3 Colin

Colin

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:44 AM

I think he has a chicken in distress call on there....it actually works really good around populated areas. Check it out.

#4 BigRagu

BigRagu

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:1. Diesel truck performance, especially the Dodge 89-93 1st Gens.<br />2. Reloading, lots and lots, but only one round @ a time.<br />3. Hunting for food 1st, then hunting for camaraderie 2nd<br />4. Camping<br />5. Involvement in my boys sporting events

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

Yes.

Thanks, JBrkr. That's what I figured. With that said, I am curious as to how many members on here have maxed out the available storage space on their digital e-callers. The Fury has the capacity to store 500 sounds. I recently sent back my Fury to FoxPro for the FoxBang upgrade, along with having them load an additional 16 sounds. After cruising through their web's sound files, I realize(remember, I am a newbie) that there are only so many cayotee sounds and distress sounds available; and most were already pre loaded as part of the 100 sounds that came w/ the e-caller. I found myself focusing more on the exotic sounds like from goats, calves, domesticated animals such as kitten screams, and also I added Turkey sounds. What other sounds are available, that are unique? This is more of a curiosity question, because I believe that I probably have actually more than I will ever need. Really, has anyone filled their e-caller w/ 500 sounds, or half that even? If not, maybe I am realizing that I am a victim of a marketing ploy?Understand, that I realize that out there there are die hard callers that only believe in mastering hand calls, and eventually, I want to be one of these people. I have an assortment of hand calls, and I practice as much as I can while dirving to and from work in my 1 1/2 hour commute each way. I felt that an e-caller as part of an arsenal would bring not only variety, but give me a sort of vocal instructor in guidance in making certain sounds with my hand calls.Sorry for the long post covering a lot of areas, Back to the original question: anyone max out the available call space on their e-callers? Thanks in advance.BRagu

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

You will probably find after using the e-caller for awhile, that there are only a half dozen or so calls that you are using. There are a lot of things we can't hunt here in California using electonic callers, so that limits us. In other parts of the country they may use more calls because it isn't illegal to do so. I doubt anyone has ever filled up the 500 sounds and yep, I think it's a marketing ploy!
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

+1 what Braz saysI have several e callers that only hold 16 - 20(?) sounds each, & I have "maxed out" all available space on all of them. :) Anyway, on any given stand I might use a half dozen (+/-) sounds, HOWEVER, many times it ain't near that many. Often times I may use only one sound. Just depends...... mostly on my mood I guess? LOLGood LuckFrank

#7 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

I have the FOXPRO Fury and the CS_24. I have access to over 200 sounds but I only have a little over 90 sounds on both of my e-callers. I could easily get by with 40 sounds on my FOXPRO callers.I don't use coyote vocals that much but FOXPRO has come out with some great new coyote vocal sounds.Some of the FOXPRO sounds I don't need for calling in coyotes but it is nice to have them on my e-callers.Posted ImageNot too long ago I called in this cow and calf Tule Elk with the FOXPRO Calf Elk In Distress sound. It was pretty cool. I had just started calling with Jack Rabbit Distress and had 19 Tule Elk come over a ridge about 900 to 1000 yards away. They were slowly walking my way and got to about 800 yards away. After about 10 minutes I thought about the elk sounds on my CS-24 and switched to Calf Elk In Distress on volume 40. It looked like the start of the Kentucky Derby, 9 of the cow and calf elk started running my way as fast as they could. The two leaders got to about 25 yards from me.I have at least 30 sounds that I do use fairly often to call coyotes, they are mostly distress sounds, rat, vole, rabbit, prairie dog, birds, fox, coyote and pig.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#8 Colin

Colin

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

Bigragu, You are on the right track...listen to those sounds and try to mimic them with your hand calls. It can be a great learning tool. After 22 years of coyote hunting I started messing with e-callers about 2 years ago. I like that you can get the attention away from the caller, but I am more of a hand call type of guy. I too like the more exotic sounds that I can not produce with my hand calls. I tried that chicken in distress and it worked well. The kitten distress has yet to produce for me, but I have not used it much. Also, piglet in distress has worked well for me, even where there are no pigs. Fawn distress, goat and sheep distress have produced also, but I have not messed with them much. Again, I do not have a lot of experience with e-calls, but I couldn't imagine using more than 20 calls...including various coyote vocalizations (which I have yet to master and are nice to have on an e-call). I find myself fumbling through the sounds, instead of watching for approaching coyotes. I am not much of a multi-tasker and easily get overwhelmed with too many sound choices. Braz and Frank seem to have a good handle on this stuff...so take their advice over mine, I would say....

#9 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

My furry has 3 sounds, jackrabbit and bang flop. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users