34 replies to this topic

#1 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:39 AM

Coming March 5th-6th, 2011. The first west coast air gun show. It will be held at the Placer County fairgrounds in Roseville. :good: Just got off the phone w/ Bryan and Assoc., spoke with Bryan's father (what a great guy btw). He tipped me off to the show and said there'd be a flyer in my parts order with details. This ought to be a good show!

#2 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

Roseville?? They may attract those from Sacramento, but for the rest of us they may as well have held it on the moon!Well, give us a report when it happens...

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

I'm going and Tim McMurray of MAC 1 Airguns and LD will have a booth/table there...

#4 DKOwen

DKOwen

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

Roseville?? They may attract those from Sacramento, but for the rest of us they may as well have held it on the moon!Well, give us a report when it happens...

I think you might be suprised how far folks will come from. While not on the moon, it is the only airgun show west of the Misissippi and guys have been asking. Several friends and I will no doubt be driving in from the bay area. Hope to see you there......Doug Owen

#5 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:53 AM

I think you might be suprised how far folks will come from...

You're right about that! Bryan and his father (Bryan & Assoc.) will be driving out from SC! Thankfully I don't have quite that far to go :1087: It's also the same weekend as the Indian jewelry, coin and knife sho... errr... gun show at CalExpo.Here's a flyer of shows around the country:Posted Image

#6 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:06 AM

I think I am going to try to make this one also. I have never been to an air gun show. Hope I remember or see something about it when March comes or I will forget.

#7 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

Just made plans to go and put it on the Calender. Going with a friend on March 5th. This might be expensive. LOL Every one calls my friend the BB gun guy around here. He will not let me forget. Hope to see some of you there.

#8 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

I want to go too. So we'll make Dave responsible for reminding us since he posted this.

Hey don't forget to go! :lol: My work here is done! :lol:

#9 phantymwulf

phantymwulf

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hey Airgunners, I will be attending the CA show ..Displaying my "Gold","Chrome" ,& "Nickle" airguns..& doing repairs right at my table.!!! I am listed under "venders". I think if I can make it from NY all those from San diego who figured it may as well been on the moon..Should try also..You don't know what you're going to miss..I go to all the East coast shows & you meet all kinds of great people with airguns, knowledge & info.. I am driving VIA SC to pick up Ron Sauls & we'll be attending together. Looking forward to meeting all the guys on the west coast that have dealt with me over the yrs !!! If anyone has any questions about repairs ..feel free to drop me a line. phantymwulf@juno.com phantymwulf

#10 DKOwen

DKOwen

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

I want to go too. So we'll make Dave responsible for reminding us since he posted this.

What's with this reminding stuff? I vote we make him responsible for driving us.....prolly he could rent a limo?Doug Owen

#11 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:40 AM

Hey Airgunners, I will be attending the CA show ..Displaying my "Gold","Chrome" ,& "Nickle" airguns..& doing repairs right at my table.!!! I am listed under "venders". I think if I can make it from NY all those from San diego who figured it may as well been on the moon..Should try also..You don't know what you're going to miss..I go to all the East coast shows & you meet all kinds of great people with airguns, knowledge & info.. I am driving VIA SC to pick up Ron Sauls & we'll be attending together. Looking forward to meeting all the guys on the west coast that have dealt with me over the yrs !!! If anyone has any questions about repairs ..feel free to drop me a line. phantymwulf@juno.com phantymwulf

Don't know if you'll make the long distance record for attending the show but, at around 3500 miles driving you should be a contender. You'll definitely see a lot of different country. Have a good trip, I'll stop by your booth at the show.

#12 phantymwulf

phantymwulf

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

Ron Sauls & I will enjoy the country side..visiting people & places on the way out & on the way back.!!! Look forward to seeing all the West coast airunners....Will Pack in & bring along as much East coast knowledge as I can ..Driving from NY to SC to CA..isnt that far...By the way who does own the long distance record for the CA show???? Tom

#13 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

A air gun show for S. Calif. would be nice. Talk it up.

#14 Leon

Leon

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:air machine guns, daisy air gun parts, Farmall tractors

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

Tom: You know if I come from NY that I would be the longer distance. Busy preparing for the 20th year Show @ Baldwinsville, NY @ American Legion Post 113, 8529 Smokey Hollow Road, Baldwinsville, NY 13027 July 15th & 16th 2011. NYS American Legion State Championship the 19th of Feb @ Cicero Legion Post in Cicero, NY. Expecting 80+ youths to shoot in 3 position air rifle this year. Perhaps I should bring some air machine guns for display? Leon

#15 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

Lastest: DOC Beeman will be there with display...

#16 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting air rifles, ground squirrels and ducks

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hi Rich, This is a special treat to meet the man who's name is synonymous with air guns in the USA. We need to take this opportunity because like the rest of us Doc is not getting any younger.The vendor list is starting to grow and it should be a lot of fun. If you are thinking about an air rifle this is the place you want to be.Hope to see a lot of you there.Jim in Sacramento

#17 phantymwulf

phantymwulf

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

Larry..Larry.Larry...I am so positively certain that Ron Sauls & I carry enough East coast knowledge, Wisdom & understanding to share with the West coast airgunners. We are fully capable of having a great time out of the snow & into the warm sunshine...And with only the slightest possible chance of missing you. We will think about you when we get back......................... On the other hand..California here we come...Can't wait to listen to the stories & take pictures for Airgun Hobbiest..& run itnto more great airgunners that I have dealt with for many yrs & not met..Plus the many others that come to the show!!! The Vendor list looks awesome!!! phantymwulf

#18 Leon

Leon

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:50 AM

Air Gun Hobbyist will be at the West Coast show. Only US air gun magazine. The Hobbyist will have current issues, back issues , subscriptions on hand for the Air Gun Hobbyist. Lot's of good information in each issue. So hope you stop and look over the Air gun Hobbyist magazine at the West Coast show.

#19 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:29 AM

I-5 N6 hrs 32 mins / 417.88 miles CA-99 N6 hrs 53 mins / 415.39 miles :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#20 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

Just a few more days until the show.

#21 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:00 AM

Hey John the West Coast Airgun Show is tomorrow :signs165xk: Show open to public 10:30 am to 5:00 pmSo who's all going? When and where are we going to meet up? Looks like it will be in Johnson Hall inside the fairgrounds. I look forward to meeting some of you!Did I miss something, looks like John's posts are missing?

#22 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

I thought he posted on this topic too. I must have missed something again too. I am going, but have to take the kids. My other half's aunt passed on monday so I took her to the airport and flew her up to be with her family for the funeral. Planned on going to this by my self with out the touchy feel every thing kids. But you have to take what life brings you. Kids or no kids I am going.

#23 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

Made the show this morning. Had quite few things to look at there. I took 800.00 with me and came home with 795.00. I was really looking to spend some money but did not find exactly what I was looking for. I wish the show would have been a little bigger and spread out some. The walking isle's were pretty crowded in a lot of places. I was also expecting vendors there to be selling some new air rifles. Mostly used ones there, some real nice ones and a lot of junk. Just did not find one that said I have to have it.

#24 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

That was pretty much my experience, we did buy a couple of things but no air guns. It was fun but I'm glad I didn't drive there from a long ways away.

#25 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:52 PM

Sure glad I was tied up today and couldn't make it, given the comments of you two. I was kinda considering going tomorrow, but sure won't now.

#26 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

Same experience here. I was really looking forward to seeing some of the new and cutting edge stuff rather I found tables of vendors trying to off their sloppy seconds and unsellables. Very disappointed. I was actively speaking with a vendor regarding a fixer Benji 312, just as I ask him is price, his wife cuts in to ask the price of another gun on the table for someone else. He just drops me and starts to talk to this octogenarian about this import from Europe and how he can't budge on the price and blah, blah, blah, the guy was seriously a windbag. I stood there for a minute or so thinking he would break off and finish our conversation but he just saw dollar signs with this $1200 import and I guess my $40 or $60 wasn't all that for him. I just turned and walked away in disgust.

#27 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

Let's see, I made the show about 1400 and walked through looking at all the tables. Yes, there was lots of junk/collectibles. Some was interesting and some was pitiful. Crosman had a little range where the youngsters could try airgun shooting. Hopefully they got some new shooters started. Two guys had a table and they displayed their efforts at making replicas of air guns from the late 18th and early 19th century. One was a replica of the airgun that Lewis & Clark had on their expedition. Great workmanship and ingenuity. Apparently they weren't interesting selling a product, just wanted to display their efforts.Mac-1 was there. Tim had donated a gun for one of the door prizes. They were busy all the time, it seemed.Bryan & Associates was present. They were working on guns continuously. Had some nice display guns showing their workmanship.Huckleberry Electronic Targets, were neat but expensive to buy. They are airgun targets that have LEDs positioned around the two steel discs that are the target. If you hit a bullseye, all 16 of the LEDs flash. A hit off the bull, flashes LEDs in the quadrant of your hit. Kind of a neat concept but, a $189 of expensive. They are for airgun ranges and have been sold to the Wyoming National Guard.It was a small show but, the entry fee is only $5 and the food was affordable. $2 for a hot dog & $3 for a chili dog. The Career .45 & the Sumatra 22 and another Korean 45 were on a table for sale. One of the used custom 45 hunting rifles was on the table. Saw some interesting target guns. Started to have an itch in the palm of my hand but, I restrained myself. ;)Remember the airgun shows won't rival the regular gun shows until the population of airgun shooters equals powder shooters.

#28 Leon

Leon

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

Made the show this morning. Had quite few things to look at there. I took 800.00 with me and came home with 795.00. I was really looking to spend some money but did not find exactly what I was looking for. I wish the show would have been a little bigger and spread out some. The walking isle's were pretty crowded in a lot of places. I was also expecting vendors there to be selling some new air rifles. Mostly used ones there, some real nice ones and a lot of junk. Just did not find one that said I have to have it.

Most air gun shows are a mix of new and old air guns, parts etc. For many of the vendors that sell the new products it not easy for them to get the shows. Air gun shows are not the big type firearms shows, that many are used to. A 40-50 table air gun show has as many items or more when you compare it to 500+ table show. It is hard to find places for shows these days that first will even let you conduct a show. Key word for halls is GUN! So you are sometimes very limited to hall size especially when you have limited funds to put on a show. An air gun show is much like a fire arm show in the sense that there are tables of junk even at fire arms shows.

#29 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

I was there both days..went up with LD and while he was selling/trading,spent time looking and chatting with folks and meeting some new people. I came home with 4 tins of Cometa brand pellets..Think the Las Vegas Shot show consumed most vendors(new products),but Manu Bros was there with new Cometa Brand Springers and the new Cometa Lynx PCP....another vendor was there with a large assortment of new Crosman products and they are a new business (I hear) local to the Sacremento area..was not to impressed with those folks but I'll leave details out and spare everyone that story..Personally.I thought this show was a success all things considered and admit it was more an airgun swap meet that a new product show,...Here are some pics..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

I was not putting the Show down just telling my experience with it. I hope they have another one and that they continue to have them here and they grow. I will definitely attend the next one. It only cost me 5 dollars and I would gladly spend it again. The big powder burner shows are nothing like they used to be years ago. I used to go to them before their was such a thing as a waiting period. Like I said I just did not run in to a rifle that said to me buy me! If I would have I would have bought it. I even told the boss I was going to buy one. She could not believe I came home empty handed. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users