#31 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

More pics..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

Boy am I glad I didn't attend this show... 1040 miles round trip at $4.09/gal diesel = $250 just to get there and back. Then I have to sleep someplace and eat. And for what, a bit of used junk and a few tables of pellets. I fully expected that all the manufacturers would be there with all their wares...I can see if you are a vendor trying to make a buck, but the dollars just don't compute for me. I say again - It may as well have been on the Moon, and I stand by my first assessment... :good:

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#33 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

I was not putting the Show down just telling my experience with it. I hope they have another one and that they continue to have them here and they grow. I will definitely attend the next one. It only cost me 5 dollars and I would gladly spend it again. The big powder burner shows are nothing like they used to be years ago. I used to go to them before their was such a thing as a waiting period. Like I said I just did not run in to a rifle that said to me buy me! If I would have I would have bought it. I even told the boss I was going to buy one. She could not believe I came home empty handed. LOL

I did not take your comments or any others as 'negative' at all...but i do think some peoples expectations were different about the show re product mix,..new vs used....and that will be good feedback to the organizers..Interesting was comments/questions from the public as they entered the show: Many were hoping to get parts they needed for various airguns they owned...and that was passed on to the organizer..Hard to say what will happen next year...this same organizer last had a show in Reno 10 years ago.

#34 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

I sure hope they have another one and I hope more vendors show up new and used. I got there about an hour after it opened and had two kids in tow. I should have went back the next day when it was not so busy. I almost bought an used R-9 but could not pull the trigger on it. The stock had been replaced with a later one. If it would have had the original stock on it I would have bought it. I was looking for a R-7, but did not see one that I wanted. I probably would have bought a new one that day if someone would have had one there I could have put my hands on. I like to look at stuff before I buy it. Sometimes stuff gets in my hands and does not get to leave. My wallet comes out and it is a deal. Thats the way I like to do it. Next time I might have more money to spend. They had some real nice high end target rifles there also. I just do not look at what I can not afford at the time. I thought about buying an R-1 also while I was there. It just was not what I went for and I have one already. I think I will just order me a new R-7 and be done with it. Then I can make up my mind about and look for the next one I want.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#35 Bobby B

Bobby B

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Man I wish they had one of these in So Cal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users