#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

In an important victory for California gun owners, the Fresno Superior Court ruled today that California's new ammunition regulation law is unconstitutional, and blocked further enforcement.The law, passed last year as AB 962, would have banned mail order ammunition sales and required all purchases of so called "handgun ammunition" to be registered. In an unwritten ruling from the bench, Judge Jeffrey Hamilton found the law unconstitutionally vague on its face and issued an injunction against its enforcement. For now, at least, mail order ammunition sales to California residents can continue, and ammunition sales need not be registered under the law.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Funny,I stocked up recently (online) to beat the deadline...lol..

#2 weber

weber

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

Thank God ! It's good to hear that . I reload most of the ammo I shoot now , but am really happy that I can still buy ammo, and not be dictated to as to how I buy it . It was such a ridiculous law . I always ended up adding some ammo to almost every Cabelas/Bassproshop order I place .

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

Some weeks ago,i got an e-mail from Cabelas saying I had till Feb 21st to get ammo before AB962 deadline...so I loaded up...problem locally is gun shops are taking advantage jacking ammo prices up..I can save enough online to beat their price and state sales tax..I fear though, the law may be back...sounds like the language was hosed up...so we shall find out later...

#4 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

That is great to hear. This law would in no way stop any crime. But I also fear they will try to rewrite it and bring it back.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#5 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

In an important victory for California gun owners, the Fresno Superior Court ruled today that California's new ammunition regulation law is unconstitutional, and blocked further enforcement.The law, passed last year as AB 962, would have banned mail order ammunition sales and required all purchases of so called "handgun ammunition" to be registered. In an unwritten ruling from the bench, Judge Jeffrey Hamilton found the law unconstitutionally vague on its face and issued an injunction against its enforcement. For now, at least, mail order ammunition sales to California residents can continue, and ammunition sales need not be registered under the law.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Funny,I stocked up recently (online) to beat the deadline...lol..

Why aren't the ammunition suppliers acknowledging this? Just checked IE Cabella's will not ship if the delivery date is after the 1st???

#6 goosebrown

goosebrown

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Ceramics. WEB programming. Varmint hunting and possibly pig hunting.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

Why aren't the ammunition suppliers acknowledging this? Just checked IE Cabella's will not ship if the delivery date is after the 1st???

The decision came down at 4 something this evening. No one at any of the stores that has any power is there by then. Tomorrow or the day after, they'll have updated their policy I bet.
Keep your family close... and armed.Matt Brown

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,477 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Also Cabela's wasn't involved in the case like some companies were and that may be a reason too.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Also Cabela's wasn't involved in the case like some companies were and that may be a reason too.

That is a good point John...

#9 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

Just hoping these online stores don't take a "wait and see" attitude waiting to see what happens with an appeal and continue not to ship to California until appeal is heard.

#10 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

Who said there is going to be an appeal? Unconstitutional is just that. Hear that flush? It's over until they write and try and pass a new one. So stay tuned. Let's not all fall asleep at the wheel like we did when AB 962 was debated and then passed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users