• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

I decided to get a setup for making videos and shots through the scope and ordered up an adapter for my wife's new camera that does slow motion and HD. I am basically copying the setup. He has some videos with his Hawke Sidewinder 6.5-20 Tactical on an EDgun Bulldog .22 cal PCP airgun but the setup will work on most guns. The adapters come from Berlin, Germany and are $40US free shipping. They will work with most scopes and many cameras. Ted's videos: my favorite is "beer cans out to 150 yards" and "Bird removal"http://www.youtube.c...notation_704605

I'm an airgunholic

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

VarmintAir has a pretty cool setup for making videos of his hunts. I have the same mounts and camera but it's time consuming and well I'm lazy for the amount I shoot it. One thing is to be very careful what you shoot and post. Starlings, English Sparrows and pigeons are the only legal birds you can shoot. Yard videos can get you arrested by a neighbor who doesn't like hunting or you shooting near their home. Remember shooting near any occupied dwellings is illegal just about everywhere in the country. If you post it they can use it against you in court. Have fun.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

Yes - Uncle Ted Nugent can vouch for that. I was warned to be careful on even the airgun videos by a couple of folks. I figured targets are safe for general publication at the range. I saw deer hunting with a 50 BMG out there and wondered about it. Thanks for the advice.

I'm an airgunholic

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

On the videos I wanted the video capture through the scope for long range target work. With the slow motion and enough light on Teds you can actually watch the pellets fly all of the way to target at 150 yards with a 22 pellet. He was even able to pick up pellet wobble when the barrel became lead fouled one time (which killed accuracy). It's amazingly good video including the slow motion for relatively inexpensive cameras. I looked at VarmintAirs setup too. What kind of camera is he using?

I'm an airgunholic

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

It a Canon: http://www.californi...d...st&p=113897

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

Thanks. Wow now that is a nice camcorder. Ted is using a Casio digital camera that does fabulous slow motion video but is relatively inexpensive. The 10.1 MP Casio Ex-FC150 is about $230. Ours is a higher end 10.1 MP Sony HD digital camera that does HD and slow motion video but not quite as well as the Casio which is rated tops for slow mo. I'll test the Sony out.Update:I need the Casio for the high speed modes. The Sony doesn't cut the mustard.HD(1280x720 30fps), HS120 (640x480 120fps), HS240 (448x336 240fps), HS420 (224x168 420fps), HS1000(224x64 1000fps), HS30-210 (640x480 30-120fps switchable), HS30-240 448x336 30-240fps switchable), STD(640x480 30fps)

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users