• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Which is better and why? Both are $169.99. Anyone own both a Leapers and a Hawke? Strictly getting something different for the Marauder .25. It has a piece of crap Tasco 6-24x on it that has a fuzzy ring near the edges but works fine.

I'm an airgunholic

#2 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:04 AM

I have the Accushot and haven't had any complaints thus far. Mine has 1/8 clicks which is cool for fine tuning.

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for the input. In general, I think a Hawke Sidewinder is a better scope than all of the the Leapers and the reviews seem to bare that out. Some are saying, though, that the new more inexpensive Varmint SF series are pretty much on par with the Leapers better scoppes. I made the mistake of looking at a Nikon SF tactical scope and a Leupold Mark IV tacticle SF and it is hard to step down from those but I hate paying two or three times or more for the scope what the gun actually costs. I have mainly Nikons and Leupolds but also picked up a Mueller and a Swift which use US glass and coatings and are assembled in South Korea (think Samsung). They are both very good medium level optics scopes for the price (mid 200s). The higher end Hawkes have a very good reputation and great customer service so I am leaning that way. I am interested in a "cooler" reticle. My Muellers has an illuminated mil dot reticle and that is pretty useful for low light. I have it mounted on my Rossi 22 backyard shooter. The Hawkes offer some great reticles but only in certain more expensive models. i am still studying them. This years bonus arrives March 11 and I need a tank setup for the Marauder, a fancy thumbhole walnut stock, and a nice scope. I am still leaning Hawke haven't decided on the the model yet.

I'm an airgunholic

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

Another competitve scope at a good price. The Tacticle Side Focus Swift is very competitive. It is also only 16 ozs which is a major plus.http://www.midwayusa...ctnumber=329664Mueller has a new side focus offering as well.http://www.opticspla...riflescope.htmlAre the Hawke Varmint SF scopes still made in Japan like the higher end Hawkes?

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users