28 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

I am anxious to try it out, I am thinking of Anza area but I am concerned about the soft sand out there, then, I am thinking of Cajon Pass in the snowy area off the i15. There is a place in banning in the hills. I need to think about these areas, I want to see if the mojo critter makes a difference or not thx Robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

Everybody I've talked to, think they are great.I wouldn't put so much detail on where your going to hunt unless you like company out there with you.Best of luck, Lee

#3 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

It probably won't

#4 5150Marcelo

5150Marcelo

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Please post up exactly where your going and i'll let you know if there are coyotes there. :D

#5 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

Don't bother, me and my buddy just came back with truck load of cotoyes, it's pretty safe there now. :wub:Thanks for the info, bro.

#6 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:00 AM

Going out to desert center area, I don't know what the terrain will be like. I like talking to people so that won't be an issue either lol leaving in a few minutes
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#7 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

If you are in the Desert Center area, try a few stands in and around the old airfield. There are also some old bean fields out there that have produced coyotes. The terrain is mostly pretty flat with just enough cover for the coyotes. Also, just north on the local road that parallels the 40 and east of the Desert Center lake there are some pretty good spots. Check out the diner while you're there. I don't think they've upgraded anything inside that place since 1922. You will also encounter some rather "interesting" people there late in the evening. The folks we met looked like they came right out of a Star Wars intergalactic bar scene. It was fun. Good luck...I wish I could go :D
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#8 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

It works so good that a coyote will come running in and grab it and run away :D
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#9 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

I hope you haven't left yet, Robert, as there are no coyotes there. Red is just trying to steer you away from his hot spots. :lol: Oh well, hopefully you will still kill some coyotes. They'll probably be lost anyhow and you will have done them a favor from starving to death. :glare: Look forward to your hunt results postFrankp.s. do NOT talk to the locals... except the ones with teeth may be ok ?p.s.s... expect some delays though, as "40" is the "scenic" route to that area :D

#10 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

Frank.....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....let my red Herring do its job and get Robert off the scent of my "other" real honey hole. :lol: You know, the one I'd be hunting right now if I didn't have to defend the free world.The last time I stumbled into a real honey hole was 20-years ago in the Bahamas but I can't tell that story here. :lol:
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#11 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:59 AM

LOl my wife goes to Desert Center a lot, she told me about Dc and the people at the Diner. I went out the the area and parked at the summit just west of there. I have all the roads that i can ride on a map listed on Sheriff Corner web site for Riverside, County. I seen a lot of tracks in the sand but no yotes. I was going to stay out there until 1800 or so and have dinner with the wife at the diner out there. She was called off of work, due to the lack of work, so around 1400 i called it a day and came home and took her out to a movie. The area looked promising as far as the yotes are concerned, the peeps are smart though. When you pick up your rifle they seem to know to get out of there fast heheh. As I went toward Desert Center area there is an area back toward the hills that has these really nice looking rocks, that have holes carved into them created by the wind and the rain perhaps. Looks like a couple of camps sites there, but I wouldn't want to be there in a flash flood season because you can tell that the water will flow. It is sandy, very sandy in fact so no 2 wheel drive will make it. In a couple of weeks I will try and go back out there and try closer to the Dc area. I probably had brought too much as far as equipment was concerned, i had the ar15 and my shotgun, along with my ecaller made from Al's web site, the mojo critter and a range finder,gps, hand callers ect lol. It was really nice out there this time of the year for sure. I don't mind telling people where I am going for one, I think skill is a critical part In hunting yotes rather then luck, for which i have neither. So, there is nothing for me to loose or gain at the present time. Besides, it makes for a great conversation, but I will go back for sure to try out some other areas, I know they are out there, because the wife keeps seeing them out on the freeway alive as well as dead. So, happy hunting to all who may go out there. Oh, I check my zero when I got out there in the am, I like the way the 50 g v max bullets expand on 16oz water bottles at a 150 yrds. That was way cool for sure. They didn't go through, but made a very nasty looking entry hole which i though was pretty cool looking for sure. Have fun out there Robert

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

Robert you really need to stop telling everyone where you go. You can't believe the number of people who read this type of post. If you are going to post this stuff it should be in the public land forum where only members can read it. You might be surprised who meets you out on your next trip. At the very least you won't be alone out there.Just say you went out and leave out all of the named locations would be fine. The rest of the post is great.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#13 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

I don't mind telling people where I am going

You're making a HUGE mistake IMO, and you've obviously have never seen an area ruined by too many hunters. Like the old Navy saying goes "Loose lips sinks ships". Truer words were never spoken.

I think skill is a critical part In hunting yotes rather then luck,

While there is obviosly some truth to that, it is still only "SOME" truth. In spite of what a few experts think (mostly of themselves).In other words put an expert in a heavily hunted public area vs a beginner on little to no hunted (private?) land, and I will wager the begginer calls more coyotes in (not kills)... on the same # of stands! "EDUCATED" coyotes are not so easy to sucker, and that is what you are doing by telling everyone where you go - aka; Educating the coyotes and is one of the biggest reasons for no success... including yours! Think about it!Now I am talking about coyotes of course, but could apply to other game as well.Frank

#14 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Sorry, Like i mentioned before. I think coyote hunting is based on skill not luck, so whether i mentioned a place or not wouldn't effect me at all. Being that i guess i haven't the skill thus far to shoot one. I do understand that mentioning the places that i have been people might go. The fact is, they would need something that i am lacking skill lol. Sorry if i an wrong is this, but most people know where to go anyways and if they listen to me then, it must be noted that i in fact have had no experience in getting any yotes. Maybe their luck would be like mine lol. I have taken people with me, letting them know that i don't have any clue as to what or where i am going, but I am not really concerned with giving out locations because none of them have worked for me anyways. Besides, it is said that to get people involved in shooting, you get new people interested in keeping their 2nd amendment. Same with hunting, more people interested in hunting has the same results, make it as fun as possible to get people interested. Or, the end will be in a dying sport and or only for the rich as we are seeing now. I have spent thousands of dollars in rifles, fuel, ammo and in time to pursue a dying sport for what to only let the rich to be able to do it? No, in fact although, i have yet to bad a yote on my own, i have personally brought into shooting and hunting 2 people. Who are now dreaming of sport for which we all like. I don't mean to make people upset but, I have not giving anyones hunting areas away that anyone on this forum has given to me. So, i have not given away any personal info passed on me, for which there has been know. So, the only info given is from my efforts, for which i give freely. I have met several people out, in the field while quail hunting where we worked together and it was great fun. I need to go to work sorry if i upset anyone.

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

But you may be ruining someone else spot by focusing attention on a specific area. You don't need to give exact descriptions of of where you went. If you read the other posts on here very seldom if at all do they mention an exact locale. The specific location doesn't make the story any better. That's what I'm getting at.

Time waits for no one--

#16 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

I imagine Rude Robert will "get it" as soon as he starts seeing coyotes. That's when he'll understand why everybody holds their cards so close to the vest. For now, he might think coyotes are like unicorns... mythical animals.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#17 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Just because you hunted there one day and did not get any does not mean that spot will not produce. Coyotes cover a lot of ground in a day.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#18 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

:smiley_kewlpics:

#19 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:33 AM

Robert, please don't tell me you're the new Bruce.

#20 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

lol no sorry, I am not Bruce. Okay, I won't say anything, but with fuel prices getting ready to go through the roof again and with new hunters needed to maintain our sport, I really don't mind trying to help. Now, if I actually shot some coyotes, I am sure I'd be more protective then posting on the net in open forums. If either of you guys though wanted some ideas on where to go, I would not hesitate at all in trying to help you. I know there are some people that don't post much, but i am not referring to them. I am referring to the regular posters that are always typing like frank, jawbreaker,mtn dog, red all you guys who are in s.cal area, because it's the areas I go to. Now, if someone who doesn't post much and we don't hear much from wanted to go with me and help split the cost of fuel. I'd take them, but that is me and it may or may not be "the" spot. It depends on the individual for sure. We need to get more people into hunting, period. I will not try to give out anymore areas though unless you pm me and i will tell you where I have been and what tracks if any I have found. Yes, i will even tell you where my wife has seen them, if i can ever get her to tell me the truth lol. She like the yotes too much. I keep telling her that they eat Bambi but anyways, that is another story :smiley_kewlpics:

#21 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:13 AM

Keep after them and you will get them but really like these guys have said, if you want to tell people where you go you should do it privately via email or PMs when they ask for the info. You are shooting yourself in the foot by letting all the people on the web know where you go, even if you think they won't go there

#22 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

Okay

#23 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

I guess maybe I should have added this to my earlier messages. We had a person who has now disappeared and given up hunting. He left a legacy I finally was able to track down and remove. He had given specifics on a hunting location and it caused holy hell with a person that lived next to the location. A sheriffs deputy who had talked to a person that was cited for shooting next to her residence discovered the problem. A little bit of good police work discovered what others had read here. The location had been posted here on the forum and people looking for a place to go found that post. They weren't members here but were too lazy to go look for a place and found that one. Thousands of people find posts just like this by using Google and other search engines. I heard from both the woman and the deputy thanks to the deputy telling her about the forum. The deputy was much more rational than the woman who threatened to sue me because her children couldn't go out in their yard without fear of being shot. The deputy narrowed down the location and I was able to search out the and remove the location from the post. I wasn't afraid of being sued but actually felt bad for the woman due to the hours people were shooting. She was calling the sheriff's department constantly causing an undue load on their end. It wasn't just one person but many that suddenly were surrounding this woman's house and property. So you see, this is why you don't want to put exact locations in posts. Because it often affects others in a very negative way.

Time waits for no one--

#24 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

Wow, SJ, wow! I guess those were "hunters" in the same way that bozo's who follow the fish hatchery trucks to a river are "fishermen". NOT! The bunny-huggers would hate it but it ALMOST seems like there is a niche for canned hunts (shooting fenced-in animals) to satisfy those who are more interested in the killing than the hunting. At least it might keep them away from where real hunters look for wild critters.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#25 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

:smiley_green_with_envy: :smiley_green_with_envy: :smiley_green_with_envy:

#26 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

Yikes, okay i won't give out any locations unless, by email,or pm

#27 223savage

223savage

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:I like hunting jackrabbits in the desert, and I am just getting into coyote hunting.
    12 gauge mossburg 500
    223 savage edge/axis (Love it!)

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

Wow, SJ, wow! I guess those were "hunters" in the same way that bozo's who follow the fish hatchery trucks to a river are "fishermen". NOT! The bunny-huggers would hate it but it ALMOST seems like there is a niche for canned hunts (shooting fenced-in animals) to satisfy those who are more interested in the killing than the hunting. At least it might keep them away from where real hunters look for wild critters.

There are "guided" wild pig hunts I heard of from my neighbor. The dogs take you to within a few yards of them and you kill it at point blank range and then celebrate your impressive achievement (He never went on another one of those). I'm so frustrated at this point, I wouldnt mind going along with a skilled hunter who could teach me to find the yotes. I havent even been able to find jackrabbits the past few weeks...usually I can at least find a few of those. :(

#28 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:39 AM

savage, I can tell you an area that I shot a huge Jack at but its shotgun only. I'd will want to go though, as i want to try and get another one lol

#29 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

Sj so is why bruce left and I keep seeing these bruce jokes and why I got left out of the loop I don't know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users