4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

I polished the INSIDE of my barrel today on my .22 Disco. It was very difficult. Maybe it was because it was my first time. Can anyone suggest a good method of looking down the gun barrel after you have cleaned to insure you have achieved the proper results. I am thinking like a short bore scope. If they make such a thing. Tanks, Murph.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,032 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

Murph you can get a little bore light.Bore light at Cabela's

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

Last time I looked you could buy 3 Disco's for the price of a bore scope.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#4 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

Thanks John, I have it on order. I could only think of *bore scope*. When I Googled that... I was not going to spend $800.00 for one of those. I would try a match first. That bore light should do the trick real nice.When the weather warmes up just a little more, I will head to the range to test my polishing job. It should be fine or even better than new.Tanks again John, Murph.

#5 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

A17Shooter. That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw that $800.00 figure. If I had a business that required the bore scope it would be very nice to have. I really want to look at the polish job that I have just completed on this Disco. I bought the right stuff and did it ALMOST the way I was told to do it. Instead of only going one way(from breech to muzzle) I went both ways. about 25 times adding more grit every 5 cycles. Then cleaned. Then used Mag polish for the final polishing. About 10 cycles in and out. Then cleaned that. I did not oil because I now use Kyntech on my pellets. That will wax up the barrel just fine. I should see a tighter group and faster velocity's. That should be worth the two hours it took to complete the task.You have a GREAT day. Tanks, Murph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users