4 replies to this topic

#1 Darkside6

Darkside6

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

anyone carry extra fuel / water in Jerry Cans mounted off the Spare Tire Carrier? Any pictures of your set up? What would you recommend?

#2 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

I carry 2 five gallon cans on the aftermarket spare tire carrier of my '77 Bronco. Has worked well for years. Sorry no pics though.

#3 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

I had a cj5 with cans on a jamboree rack I built , then I built a bumper that hid them behind the spare tire. I will try and find some pictures.

#4 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

Just be sure you lock the cap to the gas cans my buddy had two on his J5 some one took the gas out and refilled them with water
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#5 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

I used to have them mounted on my jeep till I came back from hunting to find a bullet hole in one of the cans and approx. 3 gallons leaked out all over the ground. Thank God, the fuel can was full of gas or the A$$ that shot it may have gotten his wish of a big boom! Sometimes, I just can't see why I stay in this freakin' state. :signs1180lq: To answer your question though, I have a Body Armor rear bumper with a swing away tire/jerry can/CB antenna and Hi-Lift jack carrier. It's very sturdy and it's been in use for over 3 years now. View it here on the red jeep.http://www.bodyarmor...mpswingarm.html
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users