4 replies to this topic

#1 Darkside6

Darkside6

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

anyone carry extra fuel / water in Jerry Cans mounted off the Spare Tire Carrier? Any pictures of your set up? What would you recommend?

#2 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

I carry 2 five gallon cans on the aftermarket spare tire carrier of my '77 Bronco. Has worked well for years. Sorry no pics though.

#3 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

I had a cj5 with cans on a jamboree rack I built , then I built a bumper that hid them behind the spare tire. I will try and find some pictures.

#4 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

Just be sure you lock the cap to the gas cans my buddy had two on his J5 some one took the gas out and refilled them with water

#5 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

I used to have them mounted on my jeep till I came back from hunting to find a bullet hole in one of the cans and approx. 3 gallons leaked out all over the ground. Thank God, the fuel can was full of gas or the A$$ that shot it may have gotten his wish of a big boom! Sometimes, I just can't see why I stay in this freakin' state. :signs1180lq: To answer your question though, I have a Body Armor rear bumper with a swing away tire/jerry can/CB antenna and Hi-Lift jack carrier. It's very sturdy and it's been in use for over 3 years now. View it here on the red jeep.http://www.bodyarmor...mpswingarm.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users