#1 southwestca

southwestca

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests: Shooting,Hunting,fishing

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

:smiley-outta-here: Just recently purchased a Ruger#1V .22-250 trying to decide on the proper scope? Leaning towards a Leuepold VX3 3.5X10X50I will be hunting southern CA mostly and some in Utah thinking this model will allow for some distance (250-400yards) when needed also be clear for close range. Would like to hear any opinions or suggestions

#2 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

thats the scope i use with a 40mm bell

#3 5150Marcelo

5150Marcelo

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

How much are you looking to spend? If you wanna be in the 300 range, id get something with a little more magnification for those 400 yard shot. Check out the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 mil dot scope. Tons of scope for not much money. I have 2. Hit up Scott at Liberty Optics for the best price.

#4 southwestca

southwestca

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

How much are you looking to spend? If you wanna be in the 300 range, id get something with a little more magnification for those 400 yard shot. Check out the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 mil dot scope. Tons of scope for not much money. I have 2. Hit up Scott at Liberty Optics for the best price.

I want keep it at 500.00 or less the 4.5X14 seems to be a popular choice.

#5 southwestca

southwestca

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

thats the scope i use with a 40mm bell

How do you like it at distance? Do you have A/O on it or no?

#6 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

no ao .

#7 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

You owe it to yourself to check out the Hawke Optics line offered through RedHunterLLC. For a 22-250, the Hawke Tactical series offers many advantages over the competition. Excellent optics, glass etched illuminated (dual color) reticles, side focus, HD glass, a free ballistic calculator program that will match any caliber round and load to your scope's reticle and a killer lifetime warranty. Check out the comments in the scope and optics section of this forum. If they were not excellent scopes, I wouldn't be saying so without being contradicted. The pricing is also well within your budget. Hawke is the best selling brand of scope in Europe for a reason. We have been selling these scopes for three years and have very satisfied customers. Check it out and PM me with any questions. I am confident that you will be pleased with your purchase and our personal customer service.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#8 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

+1 on the Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 mildot. I've got one and it's a great scope. You can pick them up for $250 if you shop around. Or if you want something with more magnification, consider a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 mildot (30mm tube). It's reported to have glass as nice as a Leupold VX-3 but costs $399. My friend has one on his .308 and it's a great scope. Also, because it's side focus, it doesn't have a large objective bell despite having a 44mm objective lens. So you can mount it fairly low. And Vortex has one of the best lifetime warranties in the business. http://www.opticspla...vpr-m-05fp.htmlA few months ago, Vortex was blowing out the discontinued 6.5-20x44 models for $279, including a target dot version that was really nice. It was a great deal if you can still find them.

#9 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

+1 for Hawke.I like my Hawke scopes more then my Leupold VX-III 3.5x10x50. Let me know if you want to buy my Leupold.
Karl

#10 southwestca

southwestca

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

I decided on a Leupold VX3 4.5X14x40 A/0 should be here in a few days. I am anxious to finally be able take it to the range. Like Leupold's Guarantee also I try to buy American made when possible. I want to thank everyone for their input

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users