#1 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:47 PM

Well I finally broke down and spent the coin on a e-call. I got a CS-24. Have not had it out hunting yet, but I think it will be a good tool to add to my arsenal of hand call's. I will never quit using hand call's, especially when walking long distances to stands. I like my hand calls and know they work. I have played with the e-caller it a little bit and terrorized the neighbors with it though. I think I like it pretty good from playing with it in the yard. It will defiantly make some sounds that I can not produce on hand call's. I plan on using this e-caller in areas that are over hunted, but that I know has coyotes that are call shy. It will be a learning experience for me to see if I can get some of these educated coyotes to come in. Boy this thing can get loud. I do not think I will be using it any wheres close to full volume. I am also going to have to figure out a strap or carrying device for it, and am open to suggestions here. I may just strap it to the out side of my back pack. I keep a rolled up mat in side of it to sit on and not much more will fit in side. It came with 50 calls and I do not see me using all of them. I was wondering which ones you guys have had real good success with. I am hoping to get out and try it next week and I will post the results. I will say I really think it will work good, but this is the first e-call I have ever been around. I plan on just using some of the bird distress sounds and vole squeaks where I think the coyotes have been called a lot with rabbit distress sounds.The first thing I can tell you that I did not like is what they call a handle for carrying. I think I will call it what it is. It looks like a bracket to bolt a speaker to a pole to me, and that is exactly what I think it is. It is not very comfortable on the hand and has sharp edges. I think they could improve this for the money I spent on it. I will probably wrap this in some kind of soft tape or an old steering wheel cover. Over all though I think it is going to be a real good e-call. It sounds better than what I thought it would and is way louder than what I thought it would be.

#2 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Good luck with the new Call Bennie! Im sure it will be an asset to your hunting gear. As for Carry, Ever thought about a back pack? Thats how I carry my FX5, and it works well. As far as sounds go, most distress work good. You may want to add a few later, if so I have good luck with Kitten sounds as well as Gunea pigs. Keep us posted!

#3 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,858 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

racoon fight works good for the caller shy. they come hard charging for that one.!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users