• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

The internet is really full of modifications to the Marauders. Depingers and home trigger jobs and air performance adjustments out the ying yang. Considering the performance I am seeing with Beeman Kodiaks or JSBs I am not changing a thing for a while. The discussions that I thought was interesting though was adjusting the performance (hammer preload, air flow, etc) to flatten the velcoity curve when shooting strings. Are folks really messing with this stuff? Is so what results/consequences. Also, it sounds as if the more recent guns (mine is a new .25) are tuned differently than the first ones released. If so how so?

I'm an airgunholic

#2 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

Here is a link to the "Yellow pages" forum. This forum is just covers air guns, and only air guns. There are tons of info here and it's free and you can ask all the questions you want. Lots of these people are experts and will answer any question.http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

Thanks. I found that site.

I'm an airgunholic

#4 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

The wife got me a chrony for xmas and I've played with settings on my .25 Mrod a little bit. I was only getting 16 good shots with the jsbs with the stock settings. After some tuning I've got it running at 880 fps with jsbs. I get around 20 good shots per fill. . I was able to get well over 900 fps with the jsbs but the shot count went way down. I think I'm going to turn her down to get the 20gr Beeman fts to about 850 fps. I hope to get 3 mags with it set like that. They group real well at that velocity. Tuning the gun can be a lot of work and gets expensive but can be worth it to get the gun shooting just right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users