• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,469 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

That's always the best way to do it Shan. That way you know for sure what works.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#32 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hawke has a scope for air rifles that would be excellent for less than $160.00.

#33 cavalino328

cavalino328

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Guns, playing music, guns, making stuf in my shop. guns, watching How It's made, guns, shooting squirrels,.did I mention guns yet?

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

I did a .17 HMR for a guy this winter Savage w/heavy Stainless barrel. Put a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40mm SF scope on it. I have one of the same scopes on a .223, both mil dot. It is a very nice scope, but overkill for a .17. I'm going to try and talk him into buying a different scope so I can buy the Buckmaster back off of it, need a scope for a .220 swift.I don't think a guy really needs a mildot on a .17 HMR. It shoots pretty flat out to a little past 100 yards, out to 150 just aim at the top of the head on squirrels. Past that and a .17 is not accurate enough or stable enough in the wind to need 'hold over' points. I find they are distracting as well.I have a Mueller APV on my .17 HMR, which I can't say enough good things about. 4.5-14x40mm, which seems to me to be the perfect range for a .17. Good clear glass, good warranty. Just a good buy all around for a rimfire gun. I actually have an extra, NIB I could sell you if this other guy doesn't take it. Or, just order from this guy, free shipping anyway and the cheapest price around on them, $115.http://www.windwalke...p?idproduct=785

I have three Mueller scopes…each with the same problem…when you adjust for distance and rotate the front bezel, the target image moves from side to side. When you adjust for elevation, the impact point moves from center to about 2 o'clock. i called mueller and they said that is NORMAL. I have a Simmons on my Aschuetz 17 heavy barrel EXTREMELY accurate out to well over 200 yards with 20 grain hollow points. Have a look at a Simmons side focus. Anything over 12 to 16 power is a waste with a 17…(In my opinion)…cavalino328

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users