#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

Just aquired this one yesterday. I added a Williams rear aperature sight last night. This particular Benjamin rifle went into production in 1991 starting with serial no. 108XXX. It has slightly longer barrel than my 1975 Sheridan and a sliding rear safety,plus the forestock and trigger guard is different shape. The 'metal' on this rifle is in great shape,..only the stock has some small dings,scratches..More on these rifles here:http://ujays.net/sc9series.htmlThis link details evolution of the Sheridan rifles:http://ujays.net/sevolution.htmlRain permiting,hope to sight this rifle in today and get it on the chrono..Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

Nice one Rich. I can't wait to see how it does when you put it through its paces.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

Very cool Rich. Once my pocketbook has a few more greenbacks in it I think I'm going to go down to Mac 1 and get a steroid 392 and a .25 marauder from Tim. I do like the look with the peep sight you have mounted on it. :sport037fn4:

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

Wow...what a pleasant suprise this one is..!! Rain stopped so all I did was lube cocking lever pivots and went out to try it offhand at 10 yards.. took 7 shots at one inch target dot...trigger is heavy,but breaks nice...I then put a few shots over my chrono using Beeman FTS 11 Gr and averaged 650 FPS on 6 pumps..!!...that is awesome.Rain has started,so I'm going to clean barrel and try to sight in at 25 yards later...I did put some orange fluorescent paint on top of the front sight blade...(helps against dark targets using peep sights).TIM has my 1975 Sheridan doing a steroid mod...can't wait to get that one back in a couple weeks..Here are more pics from this morning..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

One of the best pump air rifles you can have I think. I have a real old one that is still going strong.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#6 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking,Backpacking,Air Gun Shooting,Woodworking<br />

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

Nice looking rig Rich!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users