Photo

Which one do you all prefer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: HK USP or Glock 17/19 fir general use (13 member(s) have cast votes)

For all around accuracy, reliability, shootability, and ergonomics, which one of the following do you like best?

1. HK USP 9mm (5 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. Glock 17 9mm (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. Glock 19 9mm (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. HK variant in same caliber (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

I figured it would be fun to see what you all prefer in terms of these two European originated polymer framed 9mms. It's a pretty common question as they have similar features and can be had fir similar prices. I have both, and I'd have to go with the HK USP for all of it's features and (in my case) slightly better accuracy. I'll let others go more in depth to the debate, but that's what I think. Your turn.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

#2 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

I had a HK USP 9mm and I loved it. I only sold it to buy a shorter 1911 for CCW. I'd like to buy another in a 45 someday. As far as glocks go, they are the ugliest things in the world and I would never own one for that reason.

#3 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

HK makes a fine pistol. Glocks are good too but just do not have the features the HK does. Isn't the HK quite a bit more $$$ than the Glock?

#4 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

TheHK really isn't much more than a glock. The Hk USP can be had in 9 or 40mm for $700 at CDNN while the Gluck can be gas for slightly less depending on where you buy.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

#5 Lang

Lang

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Interests:Cars,Trucks,Firearms,Computers,Doberman Pinchers

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

I have them in both 9mm and .45, and I love them.I put well over 2000 rds of Blazer 9mm through one and it never skipped a beat.I never liked the way the Glock felt in my hand so USP for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users